Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

I can't decide it I like the new A6 or if I think it looks like a Camry

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I can't decide it I like the new A6 or if I think it looks like a Camry

With all the recent banter and some independent thought, I'm pondering life post ar. I plan to keep my ar anywhere from 2 to 12 months more....and then what? AWD is a must and I have an affinity for "beefy" cars - those that just look strong. Don't get me wrong, I love my ar (just wish it had bigger grapes) but also love the prospects of something new. I know, not practical. I keep looking at the S4 but I can't get beyond the back seat. My problem is less capacity constraint and more why even bother with a back seat if its going to be that tight. Then I look over at the RS6 and think $85k is steep and at $85k I could get a very nice used Porsche C4S and a beater used Land Rover. C4S has a very, very small back seat but at least its a coupe and no one is kidding themselves re: its use. I also wonder if I'm at that point in my life where if I'm going to buy a Porsche I might as well do it now while I'm still young and won't look like I'm having some kind of mid life crisis. I do wonder if I'll wake up one morning and suddenly be way to practical to even consider something like a Porsche - kinda like my Dad. Bonus - my wife loves the idea of having a C4S in the garage. Then again, maybe its best that I just keep driving the ar and see what develops in terms of new cars in the coming couple years. Afterall I have spent considerable time and money trying to make it as perfect for me as possible (by the way I shoud get the ToyGuy's V1 custom display this week and will post interior pics of that along with my Motorola T720 install and my version of the short antenna solution). Like they say, its not about wanting what you want but wanting what you've got. I have no concrete reason for trading my ar other than concerns about life post warranty. If a turbo goes or the air suspension
Anyway, enough with this crap - boo hoo for me right? Life could be a lot worse. Hope I'm not putting anyone off with this post, thanks for listening.
Old 02-17-2004, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i don't like the look of the new a6,might change when i see it in person

and in a color i like. i like the rs6, would buy it in a second if it was manual. of course i like porsche too, tough choice you have there : )