Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

ipod hardwire options for '04 AR?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ipod hardwire options for '04 AR?

Hi Guys,

Posting this on behalf of my Mom who just got an '04 AR. She is in love with it. Anyway, I'm pretty sure what the options are but I was hoping to get some clarification from the AR experts--I'm currently running the Icelink+ in my A4 so I'm familiar with that setup and how it works. I was wondering more about the Audi kit--is that a plug-and-play kit and if so, where can it be purchased? The only thing I found on audiusa.com was something that's for '06 and above.

My iceLink+ kit plugs into the factory CD changer plug in the rear of the car so I'm most comfortable with that setup. Can that be done in the AR as well or does the HU need to be pulled? And if so, how easy is the setup? Does the Icelink+ / OEM kit have a wiring harness that you just plug in?

As far as options, she has Bose, XM (doesn't use it), in-dash cd-changer, but not NAV.

thanks a bunch!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Oem comes with everything and wires, but the XM would have to go

. there are ways to get around (some companies sell adapter wires and harness) but Audi says only 1 accessory. so no SAT. And would not be plug and play since the car has SAT. probably 3 -4 wires you would have to remove from radio harness and then install from Ipod adapter.But easy to do.
You can buy at any dealer if unable to find.
Old 08-21-2007, 06:51 AM

Default If it is the Symphony II with an in dash cd changer, then you could do a Dice adapter and keep XM

Although I don't have any Sat, I do have the Symphony II with in dash changer. I got a Dice ipod adpater from enfig, so I don't know what the OEM allows for. The enfig adapter they sent with the Dice unit allows for the Sat radio to piggy back on the same plug in. As long as there are seperate buttons for the cd and sat, you can have both. The customer support at enfig were very helpful in getting me the right set up.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I have the Audi iPod adapter in our '01. I plugs into the back of the (more)

headunit but it requires you to unplug the trunk mount cd changer, not sure if the '04 headunit is the same or not. It works using the same controls as the radio, I just wish it would display song info on the headunit. But it is seamless and functions well.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 358 Likes on 232 Posts
Default Re: ipod hardwire options for '04 AR?

If you are interested I have a DICE unit that I want to sell... Let me know.