Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

My first experience with an Audi dealer. Time for my first maint. and some warranty issues.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mine rocks front to back not side to side.

It really sucks that you have to treat them like children as Allroad2001 said. You have to have your witts about you and back them into a corner and catch them in a lie to have something done.

I can't get over how we are being treated. I have to remind myself that I'm dealing with the luxury arm of a car manufacturer.

Hope your seat gets fixed.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default I don't mind trying to fix it however since I'm under warranty the last thing I want is to screw up

something and void the warranty. I agree a good independent mechanic is the way to go after warranty expires. Thanks for the diagram I'll file it with the rest of my Allroad info.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default This was the closest dealer to me and I wanted to give them a chance first before I went elsewhere.

Of course now I have to go back to them to follow up but I plan to switch for sure.

A friend of mine goes to Pfaff in Newmarket and they drop off a loaner for him as well for a regular service maintenance and bring his back when done. It's good to hear a Toronto dealer does it as well. Would you mind disclosing which dealer you deal with?

I'm right downtown so Newmarket is a bit far but I was considering calling their service manager to see if they would be willing to service my ar.

With regards to tires I see you got my point. I'm looking for a midle ground between stock and the top end most expensive tires. Although I must say I have had no issues with the OEM goodyears so far. I fear my wobble problem will not be fixed by a new set of tires either.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default There is a weld in the seat frame that cracks often

Our dealer had to oder a new frame and then put the cover and other items onto the new frame. They complained (because they want my sympathy for actually doing their job?) but the job was relatively simple.

Keep complaining until the seat doesn't rock.