Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

neilm, how do you like the allroad at this point ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2000, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neilm, how do you like the allroad at this point ?

I am asking you since you came from a 2.7T sedan and into the allroad. I am thinking of moving over to the allroad (for a variety of reasons). Are you happy with the overall performance ?
Do you miss the sedan ?
Any disappointments ?

TIA

Brian
Old 12-22-2000, 07:26 AM

Default I love this car..

No regrets at all. Performance wise, in the low position it handles better the 2.7T with the 16" sport package tires. The suspension is stiffer at this setting and the little extra meat on the tires really makes a difference. They don't seem to roll over even on the larger aspect ratio tire. I think the sedan is very under tired stock and the new 17" package will make a huge difference for the performance minded people. The power is great, it is geared a little lower than the previous car, it really comes off the line if you put your foot into it. I don't miss the sedan at all, it looks nicer on the inside with the dual colors and has more room for gear. Tomorrow, I leave on a 10 day road trip sampling as much of the great powder of Montana and Wyoming as I can get.

NeilM
Old 12-24-2000, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Thank you for the input. . . I am about 80% decided

I have an S6 reserved but life reality and practicality are weighing in the decision. I don't really want the 8 Cyl allroad so it is not a power issue that is holding things up.

Really I just want to ensure that any initial production quirks are worked out and Audi has had at least a few months of owner feedback. As you know, they changed a few things in the 2.7T that many owners had been requesting. Strangely, the allroad forum does not really have any "I wish Audi would have _________" comments.

My fiance' is in the market for a car and wants either the turbo beetle or some other two door. The allroad will allow us to reasonably justify purchasing a two door car even though we are both past that window when two door cars are reasonable. What the hell did I just say ? Nevermind.

Thanks again.
Old 12-25-2000, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Thank you for the input. . . I am about 80% decided

Brian what is the statis of the S6? Is it going to be available in sedan or avant?What is the pricing? Thanks.
Old 12-26-2000, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Not entirely sure . . .

The dealer wrote up a qualified P & S. In other words it has the disclaimer(s) for model, color, price, etc. . .

I picked out ?blue/tbd, selected sedan/tbd, price msrp/negot.. The dealer gives me updates when they receive them and with the last communication they are fairly confident the S6 Avant will arrive very soon after the S6 sedan. However, they qualified that with the comment that Audi now appears unsure whether the Avant or the sedan will come first.

My guess is that they wanted to see how the allroad was received before deciding to add the S6 Avant to the line-up. It would definitely be a model competing against model scenario. Especially if they throw the v8 in the allroad.

Based on the relatively tame allroad market (due to the subdued marketing) I am leaning toward the sedan arriving first. I really want an avant model and will probably give up my place on the list if the sedan comes first.

The caveat here though is that the allroad best suits my needs so I am really wasting energy thinking S6 anything. My common sense will kick in strong and I'll end up in the allroad. Once I get firm model availability and firm numbers I'll make my decision. I am guessing March 01.

Brian