Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

NEWS from Arnott!!! Front Generation-II Air Springs

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bad, Really not bad at all for a pair for $798. I wonder if the red will show through the wheel and above it.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default ok, I'll fess up...

I've known about these springs for about 3 months. I sent a query to Arnott ~may/june asking if there was a way to change the spring rate of their springs. I was just hoping for harder through the range, not an adjustable spring rate harder to soft though that is what I really would have preferred. The word came back that such a spring was in the works and would be a 'couple months' away. So I kept asking when they said to check back. a couple weeks ago I was told that they would be in production about now. I got an email from them this morning that they are ready to ship. I'm working up a full set of the GENII springs with Bilstein shocks all around. I'll report in with findings/impressions as it it happens.

fj..
Old 08-26-2009, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just got off the phone with Arnott. Mine are on the way.

One further point was raised during the conversation. They will assemble Bilsteins in the springs for you if you buy both and want them put together. This is something they will offer on the website with a package price for the whole set, but haven't gotten it together to put up yet. If you want it such now, call Lisa at #105 and she will get it done for you.

EDIT: Lisa also offered her email address: lisa { at } arnott { dot } com

I'm now wanting to know what Hotchkis bars, Bilsteins & GENII springs are going to add up to. closer to the car I wanted when I bought the allroad. I've always liked it's manners but it has always been too soft to push hard on a mountain road.

fj..

Last edited by grat; 08-27-2009 at 05:20 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by grat
I'm working up a full set of the GENII springs with Bilstein shocks all around. I'll report in with findings/impressions as it it happens.
Ok, thx. Waiting for detailed photo report from you when air springs come to you!
Old 08-26-2009, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by oZZy_tv
Ok, thx. Waiting for detailed photo report from you when air springs come to you!
count on it.

fj..
Old 08-30-2009, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

itll look good though...
Old 05-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default any photos or reviews on the Gen IIs?

Hello, Grat.

Bookmarked this thread long ago and am now looking at buying the Gen IIs from Arnott. How do you like them? What is the real change going from stock to Gen II?

Thanks and sorry if I've missed a post elsewhere.

Rob
Old 05-22-2011, 03:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look here and on qworld for threads on the problems with Gen IIs. Clunking of the shocks, etc.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The clunking problems are only from people who also put on the Bilstein shocks.

I put Gen II springs on the front of my car with OEM shocks about 2 months ago. I like them so far. They are really well made with lots of machined and red anodized aluminum. They ride a bit stiffer which is good for handling but also makes it a bit less compliant on really bumpy roads which we have a lot of here in Pittsburgh. The Gen II's work much better in L1 than the OEM springs; they pretty much eliminated the mushy, floaty feeling. Given the cost is not much more than Gen I and still cheaper than OEM, I feel they are a worthwhile upgrade.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I've had Arnott Gen II on my allroad for the last 18 months

and they decided to give up on me. Both front sides, at the same time. The compressor cannot keep up with the deflation rate of the air spring. On the driver's side, with the engine on, you can hear loud and clear the air escaping. Arnott replaces them under warranty (or so I hope, I just emailed Corey the pictures today), but so much for any hopes one might have on the durability of this type of suspension. Truth is, they are bound to fail.

Quick Reply: NEWS from Arnott!!! Front Generation-II Air Springs