Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Oh no. Reverse is slipping. Considering 6MT swap. Looking for opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh no. Reverse is slipping. Considering 6MT swap. Looking for opinions...

I just can't see dropping so much money for a rebuilt, used or new slush box. I am considering going the route of a few previous brave souls (RallyNut, black III road, ?). I have started doing my research as 'black III road' is kind enough to give me initial feedback. Thanks, T! This would be done in my garage in order to make it economical but I have never worked on a tranny repair of any kind in any car. So, it's a new undertaking and I'm willing to accept the challenge. The real challenge will be the wife... her Honda minivan stays in the garage when not in use... keeping the kids out of the rain and her ride cool in the summer. Wonder how it will go with her if I leave the allroad in the garage for a few months while I peck through this project? Yes, it's a 2 car garage and she takes up the entire garage with the Odyssey :-/

Seriously, any advise, previous forum links, outside links, ebay links, etc. would be helpful. I'm going to need all the support I can use, allroad family.

eric
Old 05-22-2009, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh no! It's just not like aw use to be E! Oh well. Good luck with this and call me if you need anything. T