Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Opinions on possible purchase of 2002 CPO Allroad 2.7T?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on possible purchase of 2002 CPO Allroad 2.7T?

Hi folks, I'm in the Boston area and looking at purchasing a 2002 CPO Allroad 2.7T. Any known issues with that year or things to look out for? 35,668 miles, premium, luxury and convenience packages, I think? Let me know thoughts. Thanks....
Old 05-27-2006, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default That's a good year AR yet...

Be patient and stay away from the Tip. Coming from an A4 2.0T QM you won't like the power lost in the Tip. This will be the last chance you'll have to get a 6SP M in an Audi this big. The only way I would do the Tip is if I purchased the 4.2. Audi really did a nice job of matching the motor to Trans on that car.

Michael '02 6SP M
RNS-e, XM, ME-3, Phatnoise, Dietz 1417, Dietz 1380, Amplified TV antenna, TeddyB's custom harness, Submarine antenna, Using every diversity antenna on rear quarter windows, VAG coded for remote window up/down, auto door lock at speed, NAV+ appearing on DIS.
Old 05-27-2006, 02:58 PM

Default Try this...

http://www.allroadfaq.com

it will tell you about the different model years...take it to an independent shop to check it out first...search the forum for "possible purchase" and you will see many words of wisdom...there is a wealth of info here so read up before you jump in
Old 05-27-2006, 03:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks, Pete. Unfortunately, gotta be the Tip for the wife (replacing an 04 Murano)

going to be a homogenous Audi family. :-)
Old 05-27-2006, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the link, girlroad
Old 05-27-2006, 03:10 PM

Default Just curious, what didn't you like about the Murano?...and other purchases thoughts.

also my thoughts as I drive an Audi where there is little dealer/indy support for them, if you already have an Audi and are comfortable with the support you have available and you get a pretty good allroad to start with you and your wife will love this car

Also and Mustbeaudi and I always talk about this if your CPO will run out before you intend to get rid of the vehicle get a good extended warranty...he can give you some good pointers when/if you get to that point...you can also search on extended warranty to find more info.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just for price comparison. I paid 27.5k for my 02 tip Audi Certified w/19k miles 2 months ago.
Old 05-27-2006, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Just for price comparison. I paid 27.5k for my 02 tip Audi Certified w/19k miles 2 months ago.

That's pretty close, they're looking for $26,888 with 35,668 miles, according to the CPO sticker. Been on the lot since January, though, should be able to move that price down some, hopefully. Packages look pretty similar to what you purchased, minus the 3rd row seat and cargo liner...
Old 05-27-2006, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Just curious, what didn't you like about the Murano?...and other purchases thoughts.

We've actually been very happy with the murano, wife's always loved the Allroads, though, only thing she would think of replacing the Murano with. Getting the AR will extend our payments about a year or so longer than we're going to be paying on the Murano, but the payment should drop pretty significantly. Also, gas milage should be better on the AR. Other than that, they're about equal in our minds as far as things we like about them.

We're in the suburbs of Boston, we've got pretty good support for Audi, we've been very happy with our dealer here. We may relocate to Seattle at some point in the next couple of years, but there should be just as many options for service there as there are here.

We're actually looking at two different CPO AR's they have, a grey '03 or a Beige '02. The 02 has fewer miles, but the '03 will have one more year of warrenty on it (1 year factory plus 2 year CPO) for an extra $1000. We're definitely going to be hanging on to this one until it's paid off and then some, so we'll see what they have to offer for an extended warrentee. Normally I steer clear from those as I can do a lot of the work myself, but the Audi's a little different....
Old 05-27-2006, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Todd, I would be happy to talk if you email for my phone number. IMHO O2 is best

year, but for some admitedly superficial reasons.

greatnewcar at yahoo dot com
J.

Quick Reply: Opinions on possible purchase of 2002 CPO Allroad 2.7T?