Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

OT: Just want to shout out to Tom

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT: Just want to shout out to Tom

Tom-

Hey, sorry I am late getting this posted, but wanted to say it was awesome meeting you as well. Super fast allroad you got there (and very nice to drive, too)! The guys at Dynamic Motorworks know their business and am very happy with the service and performance they provided. Letting the car back on the lift after we screwed up the 402 mod (not really screwed up, but yanno what I mean- LOL!) was very nice of them.

I did not get back home until after 1200 midnight and with my wife leaving the next day, I only had time for a quick read before getting her to the airport and off to Greece. Yesterday, I spent all day with the ar and cleaned, handglazed and then hand waxed the outside. Let me tell ya, 3-M Imperial Hand Glaze is the bomb!

Anyway, wanted to publicly thank you for coming down and spending the day with me. Was great to trade some office stories and have a coupla meals together (Backyard Grill was super nice IMHO).

To anyone having the opportunity of meeting Tom, do yourself a favor and meet this true enthusiast! He showed up in an allroad ball cap, Audi windbreaker and driving glovesā€¦it was great. His car's speed and handling is sick! 19ā€ wheels and 380 horses with Porshce breaks! Driving the car is very niceā€¦gives me something to shoot for.

Tom, I will try to make it down for Waterfest. If you can give me a recommendation for a good (read fairly priced) hotel room, that'd be super cool.

Talk to you later.

Ray
Old 04-18-2005, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: OT: Just want to shout out to Tom

Howdy Chief,

Glad you've made it home safely and I guess on time to the Airport. Please send my regards to your Wife, and also my apologies for the late night hour because of the 402 trouble.

The Backyard Grill IS awesome, the food is excellent and in walking distance from DM. I really enjoyed this day out of the boring Office and with your company it made it absolutely worthwhile.

The same night I've posted already what happened at DM (see link) and I truly appreciate the initiative of the Folks from DM. No questions asked - just go for it.

The ride home took a bit longer because I'm always a bit paranoid about a deer or other animals running into the road or the car.

If you really can make it to Waterfest that could be a highlight of the year, tons of Audis and VW's are changing to "Show-off-mode", Parts are mostly cheap and the drag race is always a blast.

If we can get enough ar's together this year then we should setup our own little corner.
Just to embrace the idea of paying tribute to an understated station Wagon.
To have the same kind of car lined up and each one parked in a different driving level will draw attention, and its fun to look into some stunned faces with a "what the hell is that?" impression.

Prior to the Waterfest but well in advance I'll post some listings about Hotels etc pp. We have tons of them right here on Route 1, 2o minutes away from E-Town.

Thanks for the advise on how to debadge the Car, I'll go for it but will keep the Abt sticker (too expensive to remove ;-)

Thanks again for trusting my judgement about DM an coming all the way from upstate NY, I really had a great time!

We'll stay in touch.
Cheers,
-T.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/112797.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/112797.phtml</a</li></ul>