Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Paging Paulroad: Is Dahlbeck here in the US, maybe known as MTM?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paging Paulroad: Is Dahlbeck here in the US, maybe known as MTM?

Want to send out my broken ECU as you've recommended.
I've spend about 10 hours troubleshooting - negative results so I'll follow your advise.
A Web-Link or Phone number would be helpful if you have one.
And as always- I really appreciate it.
Thanks.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MTM is totally different..

Dahlback in the US is TJM Motorsport. The closest Dahlback/TMJ shop is Danny at KMD Tuning in Westwood, NJ. (4 miles off the GSP)

I think he has the chip in stock and can do it in house, or he can order the chip. He would love to see your work on your car.. its what he enjoys.. 201-664-4KMD. Danny is also the Pit Mechanic for TMG when they do the Eurotuner Shoot outs so he knows his stuf and is as honorable as the day is long. This way you willhave someon local to work with.

The other alternative is to send it to TMJ directly in NH, talk to Randy.. he had an Allroad too.

TJM Motorsport
235 Rear South Main Street
Unit 223
Concord, NH 03301 1-866-dahlback

Whichever works for you. It the same chip..same program. I can't wait to drive your car after you do it.
Old 11-06-2004, 02:56 PM

Default Thanks Paul, that is great info!!! KMD is even closer than I expected....

I got some vacation time coming up and I'll stop by @ KMD. This ECU will be a spare part w/o any tuned IC's (maybe later on with something more powerfull than GIAC, if available).
The main challenge for KMD/Dahlback will be to fix this ECU. And after Nov. 19th. the car will be back to its "normal" condition, AWE will solder on the new socket. You'll have a tons of fun driving it.

For KMD, I'll try to give him a nice challenge, Weight reduction is a serious matter right now. Maybe Danny has some ideas. Still looking for a Carbonfiber hood that will fit the ar. Also the Air-intake will need some modification, I was thinking about a second intake slot right besides the OEM intake and merge it with the original, in one big pipe. Cold air is impossible for the ar, too much risk of catching a "foreign Object" or water.
So Danny will have his work cut out, no problem.

As soon as I get the car back from AWE I'll send you an email, just let me know where and when and its all yours....
Thanks again for all your help!
Old 11-06-2004, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Curious question....

Will AWE give you full credit for your chip as an upgrade to a Flash Load. Naturally you would pay for the loader. Or perhaps a discount on the software. This would eliminate any future problems. ALSO... KMD is rare in this, as THEY ARE a GIAC shop as well. I think Danny has everything you need. He is a hands on shop.. you can't eat off the floor.. but you will get great work..I think as good as at AWE is capable of.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:33 PM

Default I'll have to ask because I had different intentions..

My objective was just to solder on a new socket in the new ECU, I would keep the GIAC chip. This appointment was set some time ago, but if Danny can do it (even earlier) then I have no problem to cancel with AWE. It would save me a long ride to PA.
But what you are asking is a bit of a different approach. If I can get a really good deal to upgrade to the flash loader then maybe I would re-consider.
I'll call AWE on Monday and ask about any options.
Old 11-06-2004, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Danny may give you the same.. more..

I may be wrong, but Its my undertsanding that if and 'credit' is given for the original chip in going to a DiPP, this 'credit' comes directly from GIAC. In fact, I think you can ask GIAC directly on Monday.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:44 PM

Default That would be even better. If GIAC has a promo package in place - why not consider it.

Like I said, its getting close to Christmas - so the right time for miracles....or nice discounts ;-)
Old 11-06-2004, 11:13 PM

Dahlback/MTM same thing....almost
Old 11-07-2004, 05:23 AM

Aha...I thought so, saw them both mentioned on the same page....Thanks.
Old 11-07-2004, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default read this from GIAC

All GIAC software products may be upgraded to the most current version for a fee plus shipping. Upgrades are only available through your authorized dealer. The GIAC dealer that made the original sale is well-equipped to quickly handle upgrades. Upgrades will only by granted upon the receipt by GIAC, of the original chip and socket (if applicable). Programs can only be updated to their own, current files released by GIAC. Contact your GIAC dealer for additional upgrade information.

Quick Reply: Paging Paulroad: Is Dahlbeck here in the US, maybe known as MTM?