Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Post search question: Where can I get the CPO warranty contract? paging mustbeaudi?....

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Post search question: Where can I get the CPO warranty contract? paging mustbeaudi?....

I'd like to get my hands on the actual CPO warranty aggreement, so I'm better informed as to exactly what is covered. Is this something I have to go to the dealer for?

Any help appreciated.
Old 06-08-2006, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default here is a full list of coverage

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1901031.phtml">click</a></li></ul>
Old 06-08-2006, 04:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default from the AoA website..

<ul><li><a href="http://www.audiusa.com/common/images/certified_warranty_brochure_US.pdf">click the pdf doc</a></li></ul>
Old 06-08-2006, 05:20 PM

My guess is that "mustbe" is adding to his nest....he always posts on these so please be patient
Old 06-08-2006, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Ah . . . CPO vs. Extended Service Contract - interesting to consider

First, much is written about CPO here on AW. Paulroad is a good source of critical thinking. Try a time limited search to find some good dialogue, like this link below
https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/threads/126705.phtml#567595

More on point, I saw links here in the past to the actual word for word contract as existed AT THAT TIME (Audi can adjust it, for it's just a marketing ploy). Of course, I did not easily find one now. Any reputable Audi dealer can fax you an ACTUAL CONTRACT.

NOTE - the brochure link is usually not the entire binding legal contract. It's merely a description. They usually save the fine print for another document that you must read. I have never pursued the CPO contract, so send me one or a link if you get it so I can save it to my PC.

Finally, Audi puts lots of wiggle room in the CPO terms. Wear and tear exclusions often mean you pay for more than you expect to. Certainly Audi excludes tie rod ends: their design stinks and fails prematurely, so why include it in CPO? Get the idea?

Bottom line, you pay retail for a CPO car. If you can get a private party car that passes a good indy inspection, you'll often save enough to buy a better aftermarket contract of twice the term and probably better coverage. Depends on your view on used car shopping, and on inventory of privately offered cars (most are leased, I bet, and turned in to auction).

Contact me if I can help with more info, and please share what you find so I may pass along to others.

greatnewcar at yahoo dot com<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/threads/126705.phtml#567595">One CPO discussion</a></li></ul>
Old 06-08-2006, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Okay, I give. Either you refer to my job, my house or my sex life. Explain the next adding guess!

Girl,

Go see your buddy at that Iowa GM store. Your AUL contract includes an extension clause. You can add time - but for money.

If you want, I can tell you more. Be glad you have that policy. I think it could be fate for you, but a bit accidental. I won't be able to deal in that line for various reasons we can discuss offline if you care.

Thanks, though. J.
Old 06-08-2006, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks for the complement....

My wife would laugh if she read my name and 'critical thinking' in the same sentence. ;-)
Old 06-08-2006, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default another linky comment (sorry, not from Paulroad; he would not be so vulgar about lawyers!)

https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/627446.phtml<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/627446.phtml">try here</a></li></ul>
Old 06-08-2006, 06:54 PM

Default Sorry I confused you with K2audi who said "he" was expecting....sorry I need to keep my audi's

straight

I am talking about extending but I would have to double pay from 80 to 86k as they won't extend over 80k...but as it stands now I can't sell and I can't afford to keep without a warranty, especially one this good....still in a quandry...may email to see what you think as you are up on these things.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:41 PM

Default AMAZING. Thanks for all the info, everyone....

When I have time tomorrow, I'll sift though and see if the stuff that needs fixing is covered after my 50 K is up (bought the sled CPO'd, and just had an indy go through it.)

It's not much, I posted previously - Just found my leaky Cylinder Head Cover Gaskets in Sergei's list. Sweet - confirms what my service advisor said.. What, me distrustful??

I'm at 49,000 K now and have a trip planned to San Fran next weekend. so time might be important (Yeah, yeah, TMI...)

Seriously, thanks all.