Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Props to dealer - lesson: always have indy check car prior to warranty ending

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Props to dealer - lesson: always have indy check car prior to warranty ending

Dropped the car off at the dealer this morning. Warranty expires on 9/14. For one hour labor, indy had diagnosed several issues I asked the dealer to look at. Even though indy didn't see any problems with airbags, noticed the car leveling off the last day or so, so asked dealer to look at that too. Dealer called today, covering EVERYTHING without argument. I'm impressed, but also somewhat saddened that a 4 year old car with so few miles has so many problems. Hopefully after all this the car will be tight. Glad to know that if it isn't I'll have Bruce's 5 year/100,000 coverage to back me up.

1. Asked dealer to check battery, assumed it wouldn't be covered and I'd just replace myself, but they are covering it and replacing.
2. Control arms were observed as being cracked, I believe dealer is replacing all
3. One CV boot was observed torn, dealer is replacing
4. Valve cover gasket was observed leaking - dealer is replacing, then will inject dye and check for other leaks - cam seals and lower oil pan potentially
5. They mentioned something about sway bar linkage, which I didn't get since I have H Sports, I'll have to remember to ask about that.
6. On the air bags, they said the control module would be replaced. They said they would then have the car sit for a day, then check the airbags and air pump.

Overall, just impressed with how thorough of a response and pleased I was able to avoid the cost of all those repairs. Meanwhile, got an A4 Avant 3.0 loaner with NAV for a few days, so feeling pretty good about things at the moment.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default how do you approach Audi dealer with list of repairs

Do you just tell the dealer you took it to another shop and these are the poblems?
I just feel it might be a little uncomfortable telling them that i took it somewhere else.
Thanks
Old 09-09-2008, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wasn't an issue - was honest about it and they didn't seem to mind
Old 09-10-2008, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default inform the dealer of symptoms that lead them right to problem areas

don't say "the CV boot is torn" but instead say, I noticed alot of grease on the inside of the wheel, can you check that out please.

I see oil burning off the motor in a few places, can you please check that out for me (and show him where on the motor you "see" the oil burning)
Old 09-10-2008, 07:43 AM

Who was the dealer...others should know if there are a few who do it right?
Old 09-10-2008, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Diablo Audi in Concord, CA