Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Replacing the A6....

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing the A6....

I'm getting married in June. The fiance has an '02 TT Quattro convertible -- it's paid for so we're going to keep that, but we do a lot of hauling of stuff back and forth to the country and we need some space -- and 4WD. I've already had the allroad, but I was totally stressed by the ding potential. So I've pretty much narrowed the search down to the new Jeep Grand Cherokee (Hemi, of course)or the new Pathfinder. I looked at the Touareg, but it's ridiculously expensive and they're having LOTS of problems with them. Any SUV suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, if anyone is interested in my A6, it's silver/black, 17" BBS RC wheels, everything but nav, 6-speed, sport, hard wired Sirius and V1, Magellan 750 NAV. 66k miles and Audi assured until 03/06. $18,500. Drop me an e-mail.
Old 04-23-2005, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Replacing the A6.... Touareg

My other car is a Touareg, great vehicle, no problems, yes they are expensive, you will be disappointed by the JEEP or the Nissan. Real come down from an Audi. Start your marriage off right, explain to her the Touareg benefits.

BTW we had a wild snow storm in January, I must have pulled 5 JEEPS out of the snow banks, as well more snowplows then I can count.

Get e REAL SUV..... VW Touareg!!!!
Old 04-23-2005, 06:40 AM

Do you have the 6 or 8 cylinder?
Old 04-23-2005, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Do you have the 6 or 8 cylinder?

I have the 6 cyclinder, put 25K miles on in the first year. Traded cars with my wife, she wanted the Touareg, I took the AR. Was at the dealer today and saw some used Tregs on the lot, is that a thought?

I have had some wacky things go on with the Treg, tire pressure is the biggest nuisance, but it is accurate and does require you to fix the pressure when it is out spec. This happens in the spring and fall when the temps change. If you are going to get one send me an email, I can give you afew things to look for.

BTW had a A6 Avant before that, the Treg rides better than the A6 did.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:25 AM

Default We have a friend with a 6......

She continues to have troouble with the "tyre" pressure. She also had the wood door trim crack on both sides. I'd get the 8 with nav...but even used it's a jump from the Jeep or Pathfinder. I also have a problem with the fact that you have to pull off the rear headrests before putting the seat down. I know that the Treg is very high in quality, and I (obviously) have a thing for German cars...but we still have the TT....
Old 04-23-2005, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

well if you get a jeep, get the srt 8 so you can smoke all the allroads/maybe s4s too : )
Old 04-23-2005, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default or just get one sans the TPMS...

...I hear that they've had big time problems with them. Was told that if you park next to another car with TPMS, they set each other off. T

I was >< close to getting an '05 4.2 w/ Nav. VERY nice, but still wasn't an allroad. ;o)
Old 04-23-2005, 01:56 PM

Default That's going to be a helluva lot of truck...no towing though (m)

In someone's infinite wisdom, it seems they've put the exhaust pipes smack in the middle -- right where the tow hitch needs to be! But it will undoubtably smoke most vehicles on the road. The present Hemi steps out pretty well, though.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:57 PM

Default Re: Replacing the A6.... Touareg...get a v10 tdi

my good friend just got the V10 tdi 'Rag about a month ago..incredible suv, most amazing tourque ive ever felt, and smoothest ride ive ever experienced in an suv...all optioned out, chrome grill, running rails, spoiler, everything imaginable....if anyone lives near Denver/Boulder...u may see us cruising around.hard vehicle to miss. Thats a real suv!lol
Old 04-24-2005, 01:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

good point, i saw pics of it, but forgot about the exhaust. : )

Quick Reply: Replacing the A6....