Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Repost from S4 forum.. Legal issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Repost from S4 forum.. Legal issues

Not sure if we have anyone that deals with lawyers and lawsuits more often then the norm on here or not. But wanted to see if anyone has suggestions.

Have some other people making calls trying to assist as I have never needed or used legal counsel<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1119327.phtml">About my son.</a></li></ul>
Old 02-04-2003, 10:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very sorry to hear of this...

I'm afraid I can't offer you any advice, but I do hope you can find a solution.
Old 02-04-2003, 11:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default If...

you would like to e-mail me with the entire story, including his medical history, reasons why tests were being done, which tests, site of infections, timeline of events, etc...I can try to make sense out of the situation.
From what you have said, the story does not really make sense...although this is pretty common. Pseudomonas infection in healthy individuals with no medical conditions is quite rare...even if in a hospital.

It is a relatively common hospital-acquired infection (for those who are staying for a significant amount of time) particularly those on ventilators and those with chronic indwelling catheters (not those who have an in-and-out cath). It is also commonly found in the lungs of cystic fibrosis patients. It is also a more common pathogen in patients who are immunocompromised (there are a number of disease states, both chronic and acute that can cause one to be immunocompromised...and can also be caused by a number of medications, particularly steroids and anti-cancer drugs).

I can't help from a legal standpoint, but if you would like, I may be able to help understand from a medical standpoint, what is likely to be going on or what has gone on. Not being your son's physician and not having access to his medical records I cannot offer any "official" medical opinion, but I can try to explain it...if you would like.

There have been several "lay opinions" in your original post, which I would try to ignore as they are really more inflammatory than helpful. The most important thing in this situation is to determine the health status of your son. Believe it or not, hospitals do not take nosocomial (hospital-acquired) infections lightly in any way. Prevention of nosocomial infections is a major time and financial investment for any medical center. There are committees in every hospital which evaluate and monitor nosocomial infections and work both by themselves and with government organizations to determine improvement measures to minimize these types of infections. Nosocomial infections are also, in general, more difficult to treat as they, in general, have more resistance to typical antibiotics, and some, in fact, any antibiotics. It is in no one's best interest to ignore ANY nosocomial infection...both from a financial and clinical standpoint.

I am not trying to defend anyone or any facility...but many problems in medicine are due to poor communication and misunderstandings...I have no opinion right now about what really happened because I don't have a complete story, but from what you have said, my primary concern would be determining if there is any problem with your son...then I'd work on whether anyone or any facility caused undue harm.

I hope all is well with your son now...
Old 02-05-2003, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey fin will shoot you a mail..