Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

S4 forum...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S4 forum...

is it me, or does the S4 forum exist for the "I blew away so & so car last night. I should have my dick bronzed" story.

I was thinking that if I got a full refund, and couldn't find a suitable 6 sp AR replacement, that I'd consider an S4. I don' t know now. Not only are they smaller, but it sounds like the demographic for S4's could drive the insurance rates much higher.

I'm wearing flame proof underwear, if anyone gives a rat's butt.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Generally...

The S4 forum that pertains to the original S4 is populated by used s4 owners who tend to be... How big is your dXXk mentality. Constantly comparing and in need of some..maturing? The New version s4 is a bit more mature, has money that they are earning, but generally they are still out to impress...themselves.

You will find your ar 6 speed. and even if its another model audi.. we will still talk to you.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default there are good guys in all forums, just need to weed through the crap

lots of good people don't even bother posting much anymore because they get tired of trolls and idiots. it's a shame. allroad board is much better
Old 11-06-2004, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Which S4 forum? there are multiple.. some old timers, some new,
Old 11-06-2004, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default S6 owners seem to be conservative with no need to show off or demonstrate to the world...

what an awesome car they have. S4 owners seem to have the need to demonstrate that they have a faster car than anybody they come accross. Audi used to appeal to owners that wanted a very nice car but didn't want everybody else to know it. I drive my allroad 4.2 to work and nobody says a thing- if I drive our 6 year old E300 diesel everbody says "I see you got a new Mercedes!". S4 drivers when little probably said "look at me!" a lot more than your average child. I must admit I fell in love with an S4 cabriolet at my dealer and would have bought it in a minute if I had more money than I know what to do with- but I don't. Just weed through the worthless post as was mentioned earlier.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:12 PM

Black 01' 6spd, Dahlback, 51k,perfect... I'll sell u
Old 11-06-2004, 03:27 PM

Default Audi allroad...the undercover Brother....

Your observation in regards to the S4 forum is quite correct. A couple of years ago you wouldn't find so many "Macho" impressions over there. But I'll bet you, if you put on a real challenge like "driving a slow car fast", most big-mouth "Kids" will fail drastically.
And I saw that in last years Winter driving schools.
Going fast and "going fast" are two different things.
Just smile about it and ignore any written garbage.
You are better off here anyways...;-)
Old 11-06-2004, 05:42 PM

Default I think I just saw you driving down Topanga Cyn about 2 hours ago. That you?

it was towards the bottom in the tight twisties.

If it wasnt you, than it was an AR full paint silver. Dont know too many other ones around here.

BTW, hope all is going well with the stealership.

And if you do end up getting a B6, I think you will be happy. Very sweet cars.

But personally, I vote for a stage # B5 S4 blow them all out of the water!

Cheers
Keegan
Old 11-06-2004, 06:08 PM

Default I think it's a vocal minority...

I went from an allroad to an S4 avant. I love the car, but I do share your misgivings about the people on the B6S4 board. There's an awful lot of big-swinging-dick syndrome over there; nowhere near the level of maturity and intelligent discourse on this board. And the lame, lazy spelling and inability to form complete sentences will drive you to distraction.

But, the good news is, I think the people who love to post their "kill stories" and brag about their high speed exploits are a minority, albeit a vocal one. Regardless, there are some good people there, and they are for the most part willing to offer up advice and help just like the good folks on the allroad board. So if you like the car, please don't let the few idiots on the b6s4 board sway your opinion.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:03 PM

Default yup

'cept it was my girlfriend driving my car for the first time.

I was giving her a hard time about the on-off-on throttle application.

so this is day two with the car. feels very strange over bumps. I took it on a dirt road up in the canyon with the suspension in level 4. It really felt disconnected and clunky. come on bulldog, get me my money so I can get something solid.

Quick Reply: S4 forum...