Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Saw my new car's twin today in Beverly Hills...

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 10:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Saw my new car's twin today in Beverly Hills...

It's not too shocking that I saw another Atlas Gray allroad as I crossed the street in Beverly Hills today while I was at work... I kinda expect that will be happening more and more. What was shocking was that it had the same Yakima racks with the LowRider towers, and the same 38" fairing placed right behind the sunroof. The only thing I noticed was that it had the non-dual spoke wheels and it had upright bike trays and I have the newer Viper trays.

I honestly thought my car was stolen, or that our company's valet guys were taking my car to run errands. My heart sank. :-)

Oh well, I guess it's time to get my mods up and running. Hopefully we'll get that mod to lower my allroad another 20mm. I'll be doing my headlight mod next weekend, and will be taking pics to post in the tech forum for y'all. Maybe a window tinting is in order too. I wanna be different, but I wanna share all my info too...

Anyhow, if the person driving the allroad with a woman in the passenger seat, westbound on Wilshire Boulevard around 2PM is on this forum... reveal yourself!!!
Old 11-13-2001, 07:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Saw my new car's twin today in Beverly Hills...

So I guess I've been spotted. Sorry to ruin your day. The fact that I intend to lower my car as well, probably doesn't help either. Rest assured though, as yet I have no intention of doing anything to my headlamps.
Old 11-13-2001, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hmmm... maybe I'll paint my allroad Nogaro Blue :-)
Old 11-13-2001, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do you lower the car?

What purpose does that serve? I'm bummed that my car won't ride all the time at the level 3 or 4 setting. I mean, it handles like crap anyway with that air suspension and no anti-roll bars...
Old 11-14-2001, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Why do you lower the car?

I want a more aggressive appearance. Granted, jacked up on level 3 or 4 is pretty damn agressive too.

But after seeing pics of the S6 avant, 20mm lower, and especially with our fender flairs... that would look VERY tough.

Plus, in theory, a lower center of gravity is always better.