Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

seat removal, after market seat.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2004, 05:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat removal, after market seat.

This list has been a great help, and I need your help again. One day I will have an answer instead of a question.

I need to remove my seat and modify it, or buy a after market seat. (Odd arthritis problem, I cant stand the bolsters on one side. Don't think about it)

Is seat removal covered in the Bentely CD? If so, this is my excuse to buy it. Any one have any experience with after market or removal?

Thanks

Frank
Old 11-02-2004, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default CAUTION!!!! Bewear of the AIR BAG,!!!!It should be pertty straight foward,

Once out if you are going to mode the fome the cover should be held on by what are called hog rings, then mabe a draw string. I have not looked at the ar's seet that close, my reasent experance has been with my corvette. And god know that GM and or there supplyer Lear don't quit meet the same standards of construction of Audi.

Just thought about the side impact air bag. All air bag wiring (Yellow) Follow all Manufactur instruction. Better yet have Audi do it.
Old 11-03-2004, 05:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: seat removal, after market seat. - Air Bag

Thanks for the air bag alert
I will be carful. It looks like if there is no power, and I don't cut or mess with any wires, I am ok
I need to work on the seat not on the seat back, so I will be able to stay away from the air bag.
More comments welcome.
Old 11-03-2004, 08:59 AM

Default I remove the airbag seats in my MINI Cooper all the time, no problems

just make sure power is off, and you will be fine. I have even removed the air bag from the stearing wheel in my 2003 Passat to do a dash conversion, dropped the airbag on the floor, and it was fine. Power makes them go off, a bump alone will not make them go off. When a car is off and parked, no key in the ignition, and it is hit, the air bags do not go off....keep that in mind.

My MINI Cooper seats have air bags as well, and I switch between the OEM seats and sport seats all the time, depending on if I am going to the race track or not. I even got some spare OEM seats that I am making into office chairs, and they have airbags in them. I have also pulled out the curtain airbags in a spec MINI in preparation for full race set up...dropping the removed airbag and detination unit on the ground did NOTHING...so rest assured, you will be fine as long as the key is out of your ignition.

cheers
jon