Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Should I paint the WHOLE bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 06:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I paint the WHOLE bumper?

So in the next couple months I plan to match my bumpers and fenders to the rest of the car, is it a good idea to paint the whole thing including the middle sections that Audi never did or leave those exposed? Thanks all.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

My AR came with full paint, but the original owner had the centers painted to match. I would say it was a wise move as it makes the car look way more finished and I personally hate grey plastic.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Four_point_two
So in the next couple months I plan to match my bumpers and fenders to the rest of the car, is it a good idea to paint the whole thing including the middle sections that Audi never did or leave those exposed? Thanks all.
There where some with painted inserts from the factory.To me it all depends on the color of the car.I have full body silver with grey inserts.I think the inserts do a good job in hiding bugs and such.I don't worry about chips because I have Armorcoat
Old 12-23-2010, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

I've got full body paint and would also like to paint my inserts, but the shop I took it to (they do awesome work and get all of the body work from the local Porsche, Audi & MB dealerships) said that they could do it, but the paint wouldn't stick well to the insert materials. I've got to assume that he's wrong as I've seen several pics online and they all look great.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 05allroad
I've got full body paint and would also like to paint my inserts, but the shop I took it to (they do awesome work and get all of the body work from the local Porsche, Audi & MB dealerships) said that they could do it, but the paint wouldn't stick well to the insert materials. I've got to assume that he's wrong as I've seen several pics online and they all look great.
He is very wrong.Lots of people think its a special plastic.It is the same as the bumper
Old 12-23-2010, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by MYD-WGN
He is very wrong.Lots of people think its a special plastic.It is the same as the bumper
That's what I thought. It's the same material as the bumper, just un-primered and un-painted, correct?
Old 12-23-2010, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I believe it's painted that dark grey
Old 12-24-2010, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just do it! I have and it looks amazing.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks everyone, I believe I will just have the whole front and rear shot. Now my last two questions are: does anyone like 3m make a clear bra for the whole front? And where can I find a rear bumper pad/protector so I don't scratch it loading bags, boxes, etc? Thanks again.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I had a simular type of stuff.It was a custom job that took some time because of grooves and the radius's in the bumper.Over time the edges started to look bad.I had it redone with Armorcoat.It is a spray on protector that is thick like a plastic laminate

Quick Reply: Should I paint the WHOLE bumper?