Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

suspension issue with codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension issue with codes

Got in my car this morning after a morning skate and found my suspension light on.. Compressor was sounding kind of different that past few months, but no suspension issues. Got it home and my *** was sagging, both sides equally. The front still seem at level 1 (on the way home tried to raise from level 1 and nothing happened). Got the car home turned the key off and then on and started the car. Of course the suspension light went off, and I could barely hear my compressor running.. could tell that no pressure was building, and of course the suspension light came on after 2 minutes. Here are the codes
01772 - Signal from Level Control Pressure Sensor (G291)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
01400 - Suspension Level Control
11-10 - Control Limit Not Reached - Intermittent

I went on a hunch and orderd a new compressor from Arnott. Front bags were replaced 40k, and I always look for droupy suspension. I am sure my bags are good. I went out to look tonight and now it appears all four have equally sunk.. I have a low rider. Opinions if the compressor will fix it or not. Seems like an easy do. I will put some pb blaster to the 3 cover screws tomorrow. and the day after. Will not have the compressor until Wed.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default pump is out

that is the good news. Broke two of the three studs to mount the shield. I also took the pump apart, and found that there was no evident issues. The valve spring was good and piston ring was in its place. It did appear that there was some play between the piston and cylinder, but that is the only thing. I hope I did not order a pump in vain..
Old 12-04-2010, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default update

After reading some more posts, I decided to put a couple of drops of air tool oil in the intake. Put it back on and it worked, noisy, but it worked raised it up to 3. Going to let it sit over night to make sure I do not have any bag leaks. Pretty sure I dont. I would think that this is a definite pump issue.

Any ideas how to properly secure my guard? Fortunately the center one is the screw that is okay. I was thinking RTV silicone down the part that contacts the spare well.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had these same errors when I had a pinhole leak in one of my airbags. Replaced it and haven't seen the codes since.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hockeypuck
After reading some more posts, I decided to put a couple of drops of air tool oil in the intake. Put it back on and it worked, noisy, but it worked raised it up to 3. Going to let it sit over night to make sure I do not have any bag leaks. Pretty sure I dont. I would think that this is a definite pump issue.

Any ideas how to properly secure my guard? Fortunately the center one is the screw that is okay. I was thinking RTV silicone down the part that contacts the spare well.
Yes, quite same situation as mine.
Codes also looks very same.
Anyway standing overnight without drop, it's OK!
But you are better than me with brand new compressor and coming wed you can replace it.
For me canceled the order of compressor after dropping air tool oil.
Working very fine without new more than 3 months, but untill when???
Recently i stopped dropping air tool oil and monitoring it.
Errors have not come yet.