Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

telephone for allroad ???? and bay area service??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default telephone for allroad ???? and bay area service??

ok i went to my dealership where i just purchased my ar and asked the sales person about installing a telephone, they didnt know the details so they sent me down the street to the service dept who in turn told me to go to the parts dept next door. of course they didnt know anything so after i complained someone phoned audi in la. there is an audi phone 427 bucks that is a permanent car phone that goes into the center console. i remember when i bought the vehicle i was told that u could use certain cellular phones which work with the system but of course no one at my awful dealership (royal motors in san francisco) could answer that. i do know that i need to find a dealership with a good service dept. anyone know if san rafael, concord or oakland has a good dept?? im used to great service at my former lexus dealer. royal seems to suck.
so anyone know about the phone thing? it seems silly that they wouldnt have a system for cellular phones since they are so popular. i mean i had a permanent car phone in my jag four cars ago (12 years) i would hope the technology has gotten better than that.
Old 08-03-2001, 05:39 AM

Default Hold off if you can!

Hey there I'm in the South Bay!

First recommendation: Stevens Creek Porsche/Audi in Santa Clara. I realize this is not convenient for you but I really trust their service and parts department. I don't think they're the best, but in the Bay area they're the most "professional". I take my Audis to Butts Audi in Monterey (Now there's a drive) but they treat me like a KING down there!

Call Craig - 408.244.5400 at Stevens Creek and ask him about the phone. If he doesn't know, he'll research it... I read recently that Audi is coming out with a DIGITAL hands free phone for 2K2 that will work on 2K1 models. If you can hold out for a few months, I'd look into it! Otherwise Stevens creek can order you the Audi phone now and have it in about 3 days!

Hope this helps you out! 8-)
Old 08-03-2001, 08:04 AM

Default Re: Royal Service comments

I too use Royal in SF. I Had an A6 Avant with the phone in the console but I never used it. It was NOT compatable with my tele system. It was in the car as I leased it. They threw it in for nothing..Anyway I now have an allroad and if you speak with John or Frank in service directly, they are great. I had some problems with my Avant and they handled it wonderfully and as a result got me into the allroad. Yes there is confusion with Audi Service in General and I feel alot of it comes from the top at AOA. They try but don't quite go far enough (like after sox Months still no Welcome package with my Roadside assisstance card). Anyway talk to Mike Lee who I think is the Service Manager first. Tell him your concerns and I think he will calm your doubts. I actually like their service department but NOT the sales department at Royal SF.
Old 08-03-2001, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Royal blows...go to Rector, very professional, "A" effort, "B+" results...

Admittedly, I have no experience with Royal's service but their sales staff and "working out of a toilet" atmosphere had me running out of that dump. Actually, our first "salesman" who didn't actually sell the Audis (only worked with VWs) was very nice and semi-informative. Beyond that, they were *******s...no negotiation, discussion on metal folding chairs at a sticky table with someone elses cold half-empty cup of coffee in front of me. I politely told them that this was the lamest excuse for a dealership I ever saw and that I would honk as I drove by in my 4.2 that I would purchase somewhere else.

Go to Rector, ask for Andie or Dan...others may be good also. Rector is getting better and better and at least the atmosphere is pleasant (even with all the construction).
Old 08-03-2001, 08:36 AM

Default I'll second the motion

I went into Royal once with my A6 saloon....

Drove in because a turn signal went out and I wanted to buy a replacement. One of the guys there (Don't know his name - Asian, mustache) came over and replaced the bulb himself and sent me on my way... I must admit I was impressed.

Sales at St. Crk. is a joke as well but service is fair...
Old 08-03-2001, 08:41 AM

Default If you walk in and say you'll pay MSRP, sales at Stevens Creek is excellent

I personally value my time more than haggling over $6000 on the price of a car. It just isn't worth it.

(Yes, I paid MSRP for my allroad, and I'm proud of it)
Old 08-03-2001, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The customer almost always determines how difficult and how long a sale will take.
Old 08-03-2001, 08:55 AM

Default Rector - Counter point

I really enjoy all this discussion because it clearly shows how one persons' experience varies to the next.... The below is just that, MY experience; (With Sales not service)

I had such a BAD experience at Rector I wrote the owner a letter as well as Audi. I received a letter of apology from the GM at Rector... I still would never go back...

I believe I was treated badly based on appearance -
I'm young (under 30) always in shorts and a ball cap and pretty "laid-back" - But that makes me no less qualified to spend $50K. I was looking for my second Audi when I went to Rector. They ignored me for 55min. Then I got some really "stressed out" old guy who was so condescending I thought I was on "Spy TV"! He ACTUALLY told me he didn't have time for people "like me"... He refused to give me a brochure or give me any finance information. I then asked to speak to another rep and that REALLY made him mad - After another 25min a real nice guy came over but I told him I was sorry and it was too little too late and left...

I have gladly handed my cash over to Monterey Butts Motors for 2 Audis and 1 BMW now...
Old 08-03-2001, 10:19 AM
PJD

Any comment on Stvns Crk Service dpt? I'm in East Bay and looking for better.
Old 08-03-2001, 10:27 AM

Default Service has been very helpful - Parts wasn't very good though

For example, I broke the clip off the privacy shield so it didn't work any more. I brought it in, they ordered the part. It was taking a while to come in, and when I went in for the 10k service they just replaced the entire shield and got me to bring the old one in the next day (it wasn't in the car because it wasn't functional).

I also had no problems getting the windshield replaced after the wipers collided and scratched it.

And they always do a good job cleaning the car.

I guess thats a recommendation ;-) But try to get the same service advisor everytime you go back to them - if they build a relationship with you they're more likely to help.

Quick Reply: telephone for allroad ???? and bay area service??