Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Very sad with the newest G2 front bags. I got two consecutive defect for 2 weeks.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My first thought was o-ring as well.....

I'm sure a lot of us on this forum have installed Arnott bags with absolutely no issues - mine have been in my car for several years now.

Curious to see what the final issue turns out to be....

A thousand bux seems a bit excessive for install, it took me about 2 hours to do the first one and about 1/2 hour to do the second one, once I knew all the "tricks".

GTA's comment.. Do they lower the car on empty bags when they're done replacing them? It's important to prefill the bags before dropping the car on them.....wasn't very clear to me at first, but he's right, you need to pressurize the system before you lower the weight of the car onto the bags.

I simply started the engine and waited for the car to raise itself up off the jacks, which were holding the car at about mid height. Once it was up all the way I jacked it up enough to remove the jackstands and let it down on it's tires, then I ran it thru all the height positions just to make sure........ no issues since install. <!-- / message -->

Last edited by allroaddave; 12-02-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default The bands

look used and rusty, and appears that the surface that the bag mates to was not clean and smooth and therefore the band cannot seal properly, what else could it be ?
The band is either not tight enough, or something is wrong with the mating surface of either the bag or the housing.

And that's just wrong, what happened to inspection and testing before shipping........

Unless your guy puts the bands on, but I think not...

I just get the feeling something is up with those bands, as they do not match the cleanliness of the rest of the units.
Attached Images   

Last edited by JohnnyJ A6Q; 12-02-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: correction of my thoughts
Old 12-04-2012, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend also got leakage problem with brand new g1 bags recently.
Those bags were changed by skilled audi dealer.
FYI, he is riding very beautiful and exotic RED allroad.
See below pics and movies.
Thanks.

Attached Images    
Old 12-05-2012, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's just retarded imho. How can arnott keep shipping leaky bags like that?
Old 12-05-2012, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And those $hipments are overseas!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny enough (but not really funny) I am having trouble with my Arnott G1 bag that has about 5K miles on it. Random leaks developed in it. He took it off including the O-rings, and put it back together, said the rings looked slightly oily. Since he put it back together, the situation is somewhat better, will have to wait and see.

Do the rings cone oily from arnott or are they dry? My indy installed both bags, and the other one is solid.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The rings should have a silicone lubricant applied at installation.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Has there been any communication from Arnott about this issue? I ordered G1 bags at the beginning of the week, still have not received a shipping email, so im curious if they may be delaying shipping to deal with this quality issue?
Old 12-06-2012, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Maybe the bags get damaged during shipping, considering the distance and handling(customs, etc)?! Just my 2 cents...
Old 12-06-2012, 02:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by indoor
Maybe the bags get damaged during shipping, considering the distance and handling(customs, etc)?! Just my 2 cents...
Doubtful. If they cannot handle shipping, they cannot handle the abuses that the car will throw at them.

Quick Reply: Very sad with the newest G2 front bags. I got two consecutive defect for 2 weeks.