Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty

I am new to AW. Purchasing 05 Allroad; 2.7T manual tran; 42K miles; Prem package; parktronic; paint package; ski boot; from original owner; original sticker; all maint rec's(dealer)since new; Audi dealer doing pre-purchase inspection tomorrow($250). Factory warranty expires 10/09 or 50k miles. Dealer offers a 3yr Platinum coverage at $3,100 (WOW) if purchased prior to expiration of current warranty. Is this warranty pricing reasonable? Given what I've read about maint & repair it seems like a must. Selling 06 A3 2.0T 6 sp., light GIAC chip, I love it but too small and no quattro. I just can't run away from the Allroad (despite maint & repair issues)it's such a sweet ride! I appreciate your input.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Banned

Default What's the price of the car?

As far as warranty pricing, $3K-$3.5K is typical for an exclusionary (which is what Platinum is) warranty for an Allroad.

I think that 3 years is a short term for that price, however. The plans I offer vary in price and term, but I do have an exclusionary plan for that car.

It is $3365. But it lasts FIVE years and would expire when the odometer reads 100K miles. So for an extra $250, you get two additional years (and maybe more miles too) of coverage. That's a much better deal.

If you need any advice on car or warranty, feel free to email or PM me.

Since the car you are considering is under warranty, you don't have to be too concerned about mechanical issues other than abuse or neglect, as Audi will fix them under warranty. You DO have to be concerned about cosmetic issues, which are not under warranty (torn seat, etc). And you also need to have the body panels, paint, and frame checked for any previous damage or repairs. A good dealer will have his used car buyer look the car over, and hopefully use a paint meter, and give you an "off the record" opinion on the car's cosmetics if you ask nicely.

Remember, a leaking trans output shaft, once repaired, is new again. A dmaaged body panel, or poor paintwork, can never really be like new again or repaired to 100% like a mechanical item. So pay attention to the cosmetics.

Good luck!

Bruce
Old 04-13-2009, 07:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Price

I paid $19,500. I may have reached on the price but the car is excellent, 1 owner, manual 6 speed, full stock, all records since new and it Included a Thule rack and storage pod. All accessories present (never used). Not a scratch on the car. Brakes and tires are in excellent shape. No major repair history: 1 side air bag replaced and a coupe of electrical switches replaced. The PPI done by the dealer turned up leaking O-ring seals on return oil tubes (records show this done 15k miles ago as well), upper half of headlight switch on dash did not illuminate and missing 2 bolts on under carriage trey. All issues were repaired under warranty.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by OhNo
I paid $19,500. I may have reached on the price but the car is excellent, 1 owner, manual 6 speed, full stock, all records since new and it Included a Thule rack and storage pod. All accessories present (never used). Not a scratch on the car. Brakes and tires are in excellent shape. No major repair history: 1 side air bag replaced and a coupe of electrical switches replaced. The PPI done by the dealer turned up leaking O-ring seals on return oil tubes (records show this done 15k miles ago as well), upper half of headlight switch on dash did not illuminate and missing 2 bolts on under carriage trey. All issues were repaired under warranty.
i would still contact Bruce about that warranty. :thumbup:
Old 04-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default GET THE WARRANTY

I bought a 2001 a couple of years ago. Almost bought the warranty. $13,500 in repairs later (no, not maintenance), I should have got the WARRANTY!

Air-springs (4 at different times), Turbos and related stuff, Cats, O2 sensors, Cam seals, Fan control module, Fan and fan clutch, CV's (maybe maintenance), Timing belt and Water pump package (yes maintenance), Transmission, Center drive shaft bearing, Convenience control module,
...I'm forgetting a couple things. Anyway, I'm a little "sensitive" again because my suspension compressor died today. Yeah! I get to spend more money! Oh and my gauge cluster display is missing about half of it's pixels.

Where's the money you promised me Obama!

Good luck with your new baby! It sounds like it could be great! (really)
Old 05-05-2009, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1FSTWGN
I bought a 2001 a couple of years ago. Almost bought the warranty. $13,500 in repairs later (no, not maintenance), I should have got the WARRANTY!
GET THE WARRANTY II

My Platinum policy with auotwarrantybroker.com runs out this summer so I brought the car in for a final check-up, and warranty replacement of exhaust gas sensors which have thrown a CEL for many months. Warranty items will add up to $4k since a bad tranny harness was also throwing a code, engine mounts were leaking, and a couple of oil seals also were leaking. So, the awb policy which cost me $1.8k in 2004 will now have paid for $12k in repairs in 4 incidents. Total cost to me of repairs is $100 since the policy has a $25 deductible. Oh, and BTW, under the FACTORY warranty, I had two torque converts, a tranny, and an air shock replaced among numerous other things.

GET THE WARRANT!

Spyder
Old 05-05-2009, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ditto on the warranty. I bought a one owner 04 AR with 32k miles and full dealer service history. 12k later (11k under warranty) I feel like I stole the $1,699 I paid for a 3 year 36k mile warranty.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi warranty

Originally Posted by OhNo
I am new to AW. Purchasing 05 Allroad; 2.7T manual tran; 42K miles; Prem package; parktronic; paint package; ski boot; from original owner; original sticker; all maint rec's(dealer)since new; Audi dealer doing pre-purchase inspection tomorrow($250). Factory warranty expires 10/09 or 50k miles. Dealer offers a 3yr Platinum coverage at $3,100 (WOW) if purchased prior to expiration of current warranty. Is this warranty pricing reasonable? Given what I've read about maint & repair it seems like a must. Selling 06 A3 2.0T 6 sp., light GIAC chip, I love it but too small and no quattro. I just can't run away from the Allroad (despite maint & repair issues)it's such a sweet ride! I appreciate your input.
I acquired an '05 allroad 2.7T in March 2008 from a non dealer source w 49,000 miles. The first thing I did was take it to my trusted Audi tech advisor, to have it checked out. He suggested getting their Platinum warranty and assured me it would pay for itself. Currently owning 2 other Audis (acquired when way out of warranty) I know the ongoing maintenance costs, but this was my first Audi that could be warranted with the extended warranty. I so far have used it 2 times, one-the driver side door latch would freeze up in cold temps and not re-latch (replaced at no cost to me; two-2 of the 6 coil packs failed a week apart with a CEL indication. Both were covered at no cost to me. The Platinum warranty I purchased has a zero deductible, but cost me $4200. I don't mind, I want it in case of turbo, transmission or suspension problems which are all covered.
My '05 has been reliable, and i may not need the remainder of my warranty. I am currently at 63000.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I've been using IWS (Inter Continental)for over six years and My Dealer claims they are the best company to do business with. Call them at 800/333-3028 X 1656 and ask for Violet and get a quote for 5 and 6 years. Money well invested.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Bruce, I sent you a PM... When you get a chance would appreciate your input.

Regards,
Gavin