Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Well, after 89K miles she finally paid a visit to me. She came by about.......

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well, after 89K miles she finally paid a visit to me. She came by about.......

about a week ago and played me a real pretty tune through my right side turbo. Took it to the dealer and got confirmation that the right turbo is cooked. My warranty will only cover the failed turbo. (APP is my warranty). I know Audi suggests doing both at the same time and my dealer is quoting me another $800 to do the left one as well since the motor will already be out and it would be a pretty quick job overall. My gut says do it just to be safe.

I am thinking about contacting my warrany company and pleading my case to have the other one done as well being that it may be in their overall best interest. I still have another 12K miles on my warranty and would think it would be better than a 50/50 chance the left one will fail as well before too long. Has anyone had any luck along these lines when dealing with a warranty company?

Also, since I am so close to 90K miles I am having the T/B done as well. The front bumper assembly will already be off and my dealer said it will save me about $300.00 to do it now rather than waiting a few thousand miles and having to pull it off again.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Is the turbo lady also the stork that brings K04's?
Old 05-25-2008, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your warranty co. will tell you to "go fish"...bite the bullet and have both done.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default If I were in your shoes...

I would find the spec in writing from Audi, that says "both Turbos". Your dealer shoud have this in their repair guide.

Once you have this then show it to the warranty company under the guise of following AoA specifications.

Afterall, one of the main rules of any aftermarket warranty is that the owner is to maintane the vehicle according to factory guidelines.

If its good for the goose...
Old 05-25-2008, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and I bet they're cheaper than K03's, too.....
Old 05-25-2008, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good logic. This 'should' work, K2. (fingers crossed)
Old 05-25-2008, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Paul always presents useful ideas/logic. It's also in the approach you take with them. Finally,

if your dealer works with you (and not the warranty co) you can get much through via a proper estimate - except the parts bill will list the second turbo. In any case, remind the dealer that your business on this car will outlast this one claim and they should help you out with the matter. Put Paul's suggestion to the insurer in writing, plus nicely tell them that you're doing the other services early to help prevent future claims such as a prematurely failed tensioner, water pump or timing belt (THAT would be an expensive claim for them) - all at your own expense - so the least they could do is honor the Audi requirement.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:20 PM
trg
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Have you asked your warranty company if they have a betterment clause?

You might be able to have them cut you a check for what they would have paid out and then use it for the parts that _you_ want. K04s work fine with everything else still stock, and they should last longer, especially if you decide at some point that you want to go faster.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Most will either pay the shop directly, or reimburse you the approved amount. If you spend more

than the approved amount for the covered repair, it becomes your problem and none of the insurer's business. You must be willing to take control over the process yourself, and many folks instead (wrongly) let the service advisor handle their own financial matters - folks, only you can do this best. Engage for better results, broker your own claims settlements.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default <knock knock> you hear that? sounds like opportunity :)

I think the first stage III tip AR should be sprint blue...

Quick Reply: Well, after 89K miles she finally paid a visit to me. She came by about.......