Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

what would you guys do...

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 09:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what would you guys do...

Perhaps you remember my saga with my dealer a few weeks back where the dealer kept dragging their feet on finishing service on my ar and then my fiance's brand new jetta brokedown on the same weekend... well, her new jetta (bought them both at the same dealership), is still at the dealership. It has been 3 weeks now, they said the parts just aren't available for that car, they aren't in the computer system and VW doesn't even have them in stock in germany. They are supposedly taking one off the assembly line to steal a part, but regardless, this has been a long time. The car is a lease and has now sat at the dealer waiting for parts for 3weeks and we have only had it for 6weeks, so that is 50% of the time. meanwhile my fiance is driving an Enterprise rental honda civic and they still can't tell me when the jetta will be ready, "ugh, hopefully in about a week". What would you guys do within reason here?
1) drive to the dealer (40 miles) and demand a nicer rental
2) demand a loaner instead even though they don't do this
3) tell them i want them to pay for the month of the lease that they are costing me
4) tell them i want them to just give me a new car (it only has 1000 miles on it)
5) bend over and do nothing

I appreciate your guys input.
Thanks
~Z
Old 08-19-2005, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lemon law

check what it is in your state and when you meet the criteria -- demand a new car.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default California lemon law...

The vehicle is out of service by reason of repair of nonconformities by the manufacturer or its agents for a cumulative total of more than 30 calendar days since delivery of the vehicle to the buyer. The 30-day limit shall be extended only if repairs cannot be performed due to conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer or its agents. The buyer shall be required to directly notify the manufacturer pursuant to paragraphs (1) and (2) only if the manufacturer has clearly and conspicuously disclosed to the buyer, with the warranty or the owner's manual, the provisions of this section and that of subdivision (d) of Section 1793.2, including the requirement that the buyer must notify the manufacturer directly pursuant to paragraphs (1) and (2). The notification, if required, shall be sent to the address, if any, specified clearly and conspicuously by the manufacturer in the warranty or owner's manual. This presumption shall be a rebuttable presumption affecting the burden of proof, and it may be asserted by the buyer in any civil action, including an action in small claims court, or other formal or informal proceeding.

Seems like this section could be directly applicable, however we are not yet to 30 days, but could be in the next week+.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Read what your lease says about payment when the car is out-of-service.

The civic is a reasonable loaner to replace a Jetta, I'd say. I'd be patient with the dealer as long as he is honoring the terms of the lease and is acting in good faith.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default i don't think a base honda civic is reasonable to replace a fully loaded $26k jetta...

I will check into the lease details though, as I do believe that they are at least trying.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: California lemon law...

Except for this statement.

The 30-day limit shall be extended only if repairs cannot be performed due to conditions beyond the control of the manufacturer or its agents.

Which I would think applies in this case.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default as Paulroad likes to say, Call and talk to the dealership owner

personally and frankly. this is new car and he really doesn't want a customer telling everyone the new and improved jetta is a pOs.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Yeah, i was wondering about that caveat...

Doesn't it seem like it should be with-in the control of VW to build enough parts to supply the dealers to repair their vehicles, whether it is a brand new line or not?
Old 08-19-2005, 11:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

How do you guys find out how to contact the owner of the dealership, seems nearly impossible to get.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

See my post above about the serpentine belt. Worked like a charm.

Quick Reply: what would you guys do...