Recap of the RMAC meeting Saturday from my perspective

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Recap of the RMAC meeting Saturday from my perspective

Interesting meeting.

Generally I would say the board is trying to improve things. I know a little about what they have been through in starting to formalize the meetings and club. When asking for suggestions on what they could do to improve or add to the club - the message back seemed to be fix the existing communication first before they try new stuff (meaning the website and adding news and events on a timely basis).
I tried not to be too negative and even complemented them on the sign up process over the web for events.

It became clear they are working on getting track events. It took some tooth pulling but finally they pointed out that the ACNA and RMAC are not just non profit organizations like the other clubs (BMW etc) but are Charity Nonprofit clubs which seems to make it harder for the club to get involved with High Plains race way but much discussion was had on ways we can and on the negotiations for track time.
I also suggested that they look at doing press releases to the newspapers and TV stations to promote the teen driving events at Georgetown.
Suggested to Dean to look into the old Fort Collins airport for teen driving school up north.

Ironically even after all the discussion we had on how important it was for the board to have better communications - it took last minute inquiries from me that got them to say:
1. Two board members had resigned that morning
2. Those board members were planning to start another chapter in the Rocky Mtn area.
3. The other Steamboat event that is suppose to happen is not sanctioned by RMAC or ACNA.

It still seems they lack the will to delegate activities and organization of events. Not sure yet if it is just their lack of good management skills or wanting to control everything like in the old days. Sigh

You should get a more detailed minutes posting soon (I hope)
Old 11-17-2008, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dija need the vest? This new chapter, in ADDITION to SLC?
Old 11-18-2008, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default No vest needed - but I do want to think the board is heading in the right direction and yes

new chapter in addition. It is being spearheaded by the two who resigned from what I was told and possibly Don too.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why does "Charity Nonprofit" status affect track time at HPR?