Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

e-Tron and ACNA Discount?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Default e-Tron and ACNA Discount?

I know we are dealing with Audi directly... but has anyone broached the subject whether the e-Tron will be included or excluded from the Audi Club North America 6% discount for new cars? I know RS cars have been excluded in the past... but...
Old 01-01-2019, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Currently ACNA says it is excluded (https://audiclubna.org/join/, first footnote), but some dealerships may honor it anyway (a couple here in Northern CA were willing to honor it on the Q7 last year even though that was on the list of excluded vehicles at that time).
Old 01-01-2019, 04:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by cgiard
Currently ACNA says it is excluded (https://audiclubna.org/join/, first footnote), but some dealerships may honor it anyway (a couple here in Northern CA were willing to honor it on the Q7 last year even though that was on the list of excluded vehicles at that time).
Thanks. Last time I checked (when I joined ACNA four months ago) the e-Tron wasn’t listed. I should have checked before posting. But, thanks for the intel. I wonder who the negotiation is with (for an e-Tron), the dealer? Or someone on the end of the e-Tron customer service hotline.

(Canada list hasn’t been updated.)
Old 01-01-2019, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry, didn’t realize you were in canada. I’m guessing (and it is just a guess) that it would be working it out with the dealer since (at least in the US) Audi refunds the deposit to the card used to pay it, and lets the dealer handle the complete charge.
Old 01-01-2019, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Somewhere along the line I read that the price is negotiated with the dealer. If have any problems with my dealer charging an unfair price I will have no hesitation switching dealers or supporting Tesla.

On another note, Audi has a Audi Owner Loyalty Incentive of $1000 that I am hoping is extended to MY2019 (website says it expires on Jan.2,2019). It applies to all owners of MY2005+ vehicles.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:43 PM
gk1
AudiWorld Super User

Received 517 Likes on 452 Posts

Sorry to be blunt but the early adopters are all in a dream world if you think you are paying anything less than msrp. E-Tron will be excluded from all discounts and incentives just like an R8. If you balk the dealer will simply refund your deposit and sell it to someone else in about 3 seconds.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gk1
Sorry to be blunt but the early adopters are all in a dream world if you think you are paying anything less than msrp. E-Tron will be excluded from all discounts and incentives just like an R8. If you balk the dealer will simply refund your deposit and sell it to someone else in about 3 seconds.
​​​​​​That's why I said fair price, not MSRP. I'm not looking for a situation like what Dodge Demon buyers dealt with. The dealer can walk away from the sale, I can walk away from the brand. Audi, BMW, and Mercedes are all being hurt in the US because of Tesla sales. Of course, Audi has no control over the sales practices of the dealers which is where the real problem is.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexlear
Somewhere along the line I read that the price is negotiated with the dealer. If have any problems with my dealer charging an unfair price I will have no hesitation switching dealers or supporting Tesla.
I'm not planning to change my dealer at this point, but several weeks ago I asked the e-tron hotline whether that was possible without affecting my reservation. They told me "no," that if I wanted to change dealers I would have to make a new reservation. Nevertheless, like you, if I think the dealer wants to charge an unfair price, I will walk away from the purchase.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by alexlear

On another note, Audi has a Audi Owner Loyalty Incentive of $1000 that I am hoping is extended to MY2019 (website says it expires on Jan.2,2019). It applies to all owners of MY2005+ vehicles.
On January 4, the Loyalty Program Changed. it now covers 2000 + Audi's in your household. The actual discount changes month to month, as all the other programs do. Currently it is $750. The $1000 previously for the last several months only applied if you financed or leased through Audi Financial. For January, that stipulation has been waived, so it's a fixed $750 whether you go through AFS, an outside bank, or pay cash