Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Parking Brake Malfunction Warning Light!

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Parking Brake Malfunction Warning Light!

I've only had my Edition One since Wednesday. Hardly drove it. In fact, I only drove it from Audi Nashua to my house in Grantham. Drove it a couple times back and forth from the post office which was just a few miles. So when a friend came over to look at the car, I drove him around the neighborhood. I pulled over to let him drive the car. I stopped the car, put it in park and opened my door. Lo and behold, a yellow warning light appeared. It was a Parking Brake Malfunction light! WTF?! I was still able to release and re-engage the parking brake. So I turned the car off and turned it on immediately. The light went away.

Today, I was backing the car up into the garage and as I was backing up, I opened the door. The darn warning light came on again! Turned off the car and it turned it back on. The light went away. Don't know what it is caused by. I am going to the dealer on Monday to have a full hood clear bra installed. I will make sure to mention this anomaly. Hope this was a fluke.

Vinny
Old 05-05-2019, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you sure it is not intentional to remind you to 'manually' set the parking brake? If the car was not switched off, even if you put it in park - it may be trying to suggest you set the parking brake. I believe my i3 did the same thing every time I opened the door without switching it off.
Old 05-05-2019, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

Also if you have "Hold Assist" turn on, and hold the brake pedal down for a serval seconds, while in "D" - a Brake light will lit to tell you it is engaged. (see Page 94 of Owner manual)
try disable via Vehicle->Settings & Service -> Hold Assist

e.g. at the red lights, you can then let go of the brake. when it turns green simply step on the Gas, and the hand bake will release automatically ( but with a Clunk noise)

if it happens again, take a picture to capture the icon and the color, and if it is blinking.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

The hold assist light is green. OP said it was a yellow light.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

I remember putting the car in park then I opened the door. The warning light went on a few seconds later. My A8 engages the ebrake automatically if the car is still in drive and when the door is opened. So I don't know if the eTron was trying to do this?
Old 05-12-2019, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Exit vehicle warning light.

Ok,
i saw a post on this earlier, but can’t recall where?

This warning came on today, what is it and do we need to go back to the dealer to rectify?