Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Sales numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 01:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Sales numbers

Interesting read
https://seekingalpha.com/article/427...esla-model-x-s
The following users liked this post:
bugout (06-21-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Interesting indeed. I saw a video where it was reporting eTron sales in May compared to the Model S saying if the momentum continues Tesla could be in trouble as Audi is just ramping up production. What's more interesting is that Tesla seems to be focusing on delivering more miles per charge as a strategy over its competition but if this sales momentum continues it's clear that people will potentially sacrifice miles to get a better quality vehicle. Hopefully this can put a dent in Elon's ego. Tesla is not a quality car and now the Audi's, BMW's and Mercedes are going electric this year and next they're going to need to shift focus or fail. I don't think Tesla will die but they could become a prime target for a takeover \ acquisition.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by hrc1079
Interesting indeed. I saw a video where it was reporting eTron sales in May compared to the Model S saying if the momentum continues Tesla could be in trouble as Audi is just ramping up production. What's more interesting is that Tesla seems to be focusing on delivering more miles per charge as a strategy over its competition but if this sales momentum continues it's clear that people will potentially sacrifice miles to get a better quality vehicle. Hopefully this can put a dent in Elon's ego. Tesla is not a quality car and now the Audi's, BMW's and Mercedes are going electric this year and next they're going to need to shift focus or fail. I don't think Tesla will die but they could become a prime target for a takeover \ acquisition.
I totally agree, the difference between an e-Tron and Tesla quality wise, is something you'll have to experience to believe. As for the electric car "mechanism", Tesla is still way ahead in range, efficiency, ... That's simply a matter of experience. However, no way I'm trading in my eTron for a Tesla, I'm convinced I would be frustrated every single day, sitting in my "plastic box" (I'll probably be banned from all Tesla forums now :-))

The sales figures, well, it's comparing a brand new model to one that has been on the market for several years. So I'm affraid Audi won't be able to get the same numbers for the next year(s) (In Europe at least).
Old 06-21-2019, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

Its not even close. I have driven the S & the 3 and in terms of performance and handling and luxury Car levels the Tesla's are pale shadows. Even my I3 don't have this level of EV performance and luxury. The entire range thing is overblown for the vast majority of users as you can easily push it over 200 miles.

TSLA is a great company, but it is simply not focused on making cars. I would not call it a car company at this point. They just havn't had the time, patience or inclination to acquire the focus to be a pure car company.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My son is a Tesla fan boy. He did love my e-tron. But his son (8) loves cars, just crawled all over my E-tron. He walked up and said "you know grandpa the quality and details in your car are much better" My son just looked at him..
The following users liked this post:
e-tronDriver (06-22-2019)