Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Contacts for Extended Warranty Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2024, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 269 Likes on 201 Posts

Keeping modern German cars outside of a warranty period is a recipe for disaster financially imho. I never buy extended warranty’s on electronics, etc, but if I’m planing on keeping a car like an etron after the OEM warranty period, it is just tremendous piece of mind to spend approximately $4,000(?) to get another 2 years and X number of miles of Audi coverage.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by PNW Etron
I'm still on the fence about buying an extended warranty for my 2019 prestige with 21k miles. I will be out of my 4 year warranty this May. My car is paid off, and I enjoy it. I would like to keep the car for another 7-10 years or as long as possible.

I'm concerned about the problems with the front and back motors along with the transfer case. I question spending $5-6k on an extended warranty (for another 7 years of coverage) which if something happens might be a pain to get the 3rd party warranty company to pay up. I've reviewed a few warranty agreements and there are plenty of limitations to these warranties including capping their liability to the current value of our Etrons which are only dropping in value. So in 6 years when our Etrons are only worth $10k or less, why would I spend $6k to insure a $10k max payout? Could be a very poor investment to recoup at best what you've already spent and to deal with a company to pay up. There are lots of other limitations in the fine print.

I'm considering not purchasing an extended warranty and taking the risk.
Can you share which EW did you look at and which ones we should stay clear from. I was thinking about getting either Audi platinum or Zurich top tier warranty. If I understood you correctly they will pay for the repair as long the cost of the repair is < than value of the car? For example front motor goes and it costs 5K to replace while car is worth 10K at that point in time they would cover the repair? What about 8K repair on 10K worth car?

audi-contract.pdf (audipureprotection.com)

Last edited by nadrealista; 01-19-2024 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-19-2024, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ended up purchasing the Audi extended platinum warranty for 8yr 100000 coverage. Only time will tell if it pays for itself but the piece of mind was worth it to me
Old 01-19-2024, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Audi Fort Lauderdale quoted me $1800 for 72 months 60k miles $250 deductible which seemed very reasonable to me. I may reach out in a couple years after my warranty expires but for now I don't know if I will still have the car in a few years so am sticking with the factory warranty.
Old 01-19-2024, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zartron
Audi Fort Lauderdale quoted me $1800 for 72 months 60k miles $250 deductible which seemed very reasonable to me. I may reach out in a couple years after my warranty expires but for now I don't know if I will still have the car in a few years so am sticking with the factory warranty.
This is for Audi Pure Protection EV Platinum BTW.
Old 01-19-2024, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

This seems like a very low price. Is this for 60k total miles since new? Is this also for 72 months from when your etron was brand new?
Old 01-19-2024, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PNW Etron
This seems like a very low price. Is this for 60k total miles since new? Is this also for 72 months from when your etron was brand new?
Correct. 60k miles 72 months from brand new which is the only plan I was looking for since I drive pretty low miles. Attached is the screenshot of the quote with other deductibles, including the disappearing which is $0 deductible if serviced at Audi Fort Lauderdale. Have had great experiences with this dealership. This quote was for a 2021 e-tron with 32k miles.

Last edited by zartron; 01-19-2024 at 06:43 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by zartron:
blope (01-23-2024), Sailor23M (02-09-2024)
Old 01-20-2024, 01:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

This is for Audi Pure Protection EV Platinum BTW.
Very good price. I paid $3600 for extra 4 years up to 84000 miles. Audi Platinum.
Old 01-20-2024, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 82 Likes on 57 Posts

here is the language for liability limits in the Audi plan:

Limits of Liability For any one repair visit, all benefits paid or payable shall not exceed the actual cash value of the Covered Vehicle at the instant prior to the most recent loss. The aggregate total of all benefits paid or payable during the term of this Agreement shall not exceed the price You paid for the Covered Vehicle. The payment or reimbursement for repair or replacement of Covered Parts and the benefits stated under RENTAL CAR COVERAGE, EMERGENCY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE, and TRIP INTERRUPTION BENEFIT, are the only remedies available to You. We assume no other obligation or responsibility with regard to the Covered Vehicle. We neither assume, nor authorize anyone to assume for Us, any additional liability.

Reading this it sounds like they will not cover any repair that exceeds the value of the car at the time of the repair, they don't say we will cover up to value of the car but rather if repair is more that value of the car you are just out of luck...Am I reading this right?

Only scenario I see this happening is if you are past 8 years and your battery goes bad and they have to replace the whole thing instead of just bad cells.

Last edited by nadrealista; 01-20-2024 at 07:15 AM.
Old 01-21-2024, 11:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Correct. 60k miles 72 months from brand new which is the only plan I was looking for since I drive pretty low miles. Attached is the screenshot of the quote with other deductibles, including the disappearing which is $0 deductible if serviced at Audi Fort Lauderdale. Have had great experiences with this dealership. This quote was for a 2021 e-tron with 32k miles.

Oh thanks. I was looking for policies that would go an additional 84 months from date of purchase of the warranty (not from date of purchase of the car). These policies are usually between $4,500-$5,500 for 7 years of coverage which gives me 11 years of total coverage with the first 4 years of factory warranty. I drive very few miles as well but wanted a long coverage period.

Last edited by PNW Etron; 01-21-2024 at 11:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Contacts for Extended Warranty Purchase