Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

E-tron order status change

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2019, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by e-tronDriver
Check with your dealer, they may have better info and/or be willing to share more than AoA.
I checked with my dealer and he says my order was "frozen to changes" on 4/1 with "production completion" slotted for 5/17. This is all becoming very confusing! I'm glad I'm not in a hurry.
Old 04-02-2019, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry David
I have to respectively disagree and I believe the e tron is a direct competitor for the Model X. That said there will always be fanboys that are Tesla only. I own a Tesla and an Audi. In my opinion for Audi to release the e tron in the US with less than 250 miles per charge will be disappointing. I stay away from calling it a mistake because I believe the e tron will will be a success and sell well. It's a beautiful vehicle, but in my opinion at under 250 highway miles it will be more form than function.
Didn't Tesla sell a Model X with an EPA rating of "only" 238 miles until just a couple months ago? Shame on them.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exciting news! My dealer just called. Audi will be releasing my Edition one to trucking company on April 11th . He stated I could have it a week later. No news on EPA range yet though. He also stated APR will be between 2.99 to 4.99 depending on the term . Group convinced me to stick to Etron. I agree, I can always use my MB GLE for long trips :-)

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 04-02-2019, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reddyym
Exciting news! My dealer just called. Audi will be releasing my Edition one to trucking company on April 11th . He stated I could have it a week later. No news on EPA range yet though. He also stated APR will be between 2.99 to 4.99 depending on the term . Group convinced me to stick to Etron. I agree, I can always use my MB GLE for long trips :-)

Thanks for the feedback!
Is your AudiUSA status already at the last step? I'm curious if the website is behind for the rest of us
Old 04-02-2019, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3
Didn't Tesla sell a Model X with an EPA rating of "only" 238 miles until just a couple months ago? Shame on them.
Or said another way, Tesla's lowest range model may still be more range than Audis only model.

I think the e-tron range design choice is fine. However, until the charging network is fully built out, they could use an additional long range version.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by reddyym
Exciting news! My dealer just called. Audi will be releasing my Edition one to trucking company on April 11th . He stated I could have it a week later.
That is great news, congrats!
Old 04-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks! The status in the reservation still says en route but the message says "Almost there. Get equipped as it makes way to the dealership"
Old 04-02-2019, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

reddyym,

Very happy and excited for you. Your news seems to suggest that Audi will have cleared all their import regulatory hurdles by April 11th. Seems more logical to hold vehicles at their port of entry rather than the dealership. This is strictly speculation on my part.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

[QUOTE=Photonix;25298123]reddyym,

Very happy and excited for you. Your news seems to suggest that Audi will have cleared all their import regulatory hurdles by April 11th. Seems more logical to hold vehicles at their port of entry rather than the dealership. This is strictly speculation on my part.[/QUOTE

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2019, 08:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1st Audi Owner
My post is a bit long, but I hope it gives you a chuckle.

To help pass the time while waiting for delivery of the Typhoon Gray e-tron SUV I reserved in December, I read with enjoyment and respect the posts on this forum. They are always informative and entertaining.

Perhaps it is because I am in my early 70‘s that some of the posts also give me a chuckle. This is particularly true of the ones that discuss range and acceleration.

During the five years that I have owned my current SUV, I have put less than 40,000 miles on it—at least half of which have been for doctor visits. This travel has recently decreased significantly as the physician with whom I visit most often has opened an office that is less than one-third the distance from my home than it was to the office I previously visited.

When I can, I shop online. When I must go out and about, Walmart Grocery Pick-up, CVS Pharmacy, BestBuy, Subway, Tommy Johns, Firehouse Subs and the like are all within four miles of home. I might have to drive seven miles for fancier food. I pay my bills online.

I don’t go to movies since installing a big-screen TV with a 4k OLED screen, HDR video and Dolby 7.2 sound. There is no waiting in line for any reason including having to purchase overpriced popcorn. My neighbors love “movie night” and the recliners.

Before I retired, I wore clothes to work that required I take them to be professionally dry cleaned and laundered. Today, almost exclusively I wear the Southern California retirement community “uniform” of tee-shirts and gym shorts. I toss them into the washer and wear them as they come out of the dryer. Yes, I am not married.

For me, acceleration is how quickly I am able to get out of bed in the morning, which for now I accomplish in less time it takes a Model S to reach 60 mph from a standstill. I learned many years ago how not to be in a hurry. And, it has served me well.
The roads where I live are wide and wide-open. There is no impediment to mashing the accelerator to the floor and reaching the valley-wide speed limit of 55 mph in quick fashion.

But, why be in a hurry? What do a few seconds matter, one way or the other? Beating out the other old guy in the car beside me at a stoplight holds no interest for me. At my age I am just cruising through life.

Chuckling at this!! This is 100% also my life - and I'm not retired yet. It really gave me pause as I've been going back and forth in my mind about whether I'm making the right choice. I've not been worried specifically about the e-tron itself versus another EV, but about going all electric period. This is my first EV. And in my head I've been playing out all the scenarios saying things like "But what if I drive to San Diego?". And guess what? While reading your post I realized that my current gas car only has 35,000 miles - in 4 1/2 years. Because in reality I haven't driven to San Diego or anywhere even 50 miles away in 3 years. My driving is mostly work, the occasional trip to the mall, Target or Best Buy. I chuckled because I even have my dry cleaning, groceries and CVS delivered. (Maybe I'll enjoy driving my e-tron so much this will change) I appreciate how you've put this all in perspective.

I can only speak for myself, but I feel as though I've been conditioned by the voices out there to somehow believe that EV's won't serve my needs. In reality, like you, my real life indicates that there really is no reason for me to be so focused on a such a high range number or the super charger network. Sure, they have some importance, but for now I'm looking at the e-tron as a beautiful introductory EV with decent range and I'm comfortable with that based on my driving. I do realize that this isn't going to be true for everyone and their driving needs.

Getting super excited for some of you here to hopefully soon see deliveries!!!

Quick Reply: E-tron order status change