Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

One Week of Ownership

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by S7maybe
I consider myself lucky then! Fingers crossed nothing changes. I haven't had any problems with CarPlay disconnecting.
Speaking of MyAudi, were you able to start the air conditioning remotely? I tried and tried and kept getting a "could not connect to the car" message.
I still love this car though. A pleasure to drive.
Remote A/c activation has been great for me the last week. I turn it on from my apple watch.
Old 07-24-2019, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love that red!!

I've only seen the weird blue/green and orange.. but that red pops! Love it

Congrats!
Old 07-24-2019, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Motavar
Love that red!!

I've only seen the weird blue/green and orange.. but that red pops! Love it

Congrats!
This is the same as the orange you refer to. It varies from red to orange depending on lighting conditions.
Old 07-24-2019, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by S7maybe
Today is my official one-week ownership anniversary. This car has been a dream and has exceeded my expectations in every way (save for my selection of Virtual Cockpit theme which seems to reset itself haphazardly and for no apparent reason). Granted, I am an ideal candidate for an EV. I only lost 60 miles of range in a week! I only recharged over the weekend to make sure my Juice Box Pro 40 worked properly. This is by far the smoothest-riding car I've ever owned. The cabin quiet is amazing. Even my dog, who usually has issues with loud noises, seems perfectly comfortable riding in the backseat.Fit and finish is Audi-like, i.e. great. I discover nice little touches every day. My favorite so far is the garage door opener which senses when I'm close to home, and drops down a larger button for ease of activation. Wireless Apple Car Play has worked flawlessly so far. I guess I've avoided some of the electronic SNAFUs that have affected others.

My initial order was for Galaxy Blue with Beige interior. When my car arrived, there was very little the dealer was able to do on the price, so I decided to pass. That car sold the next day. I kept an eye on dealer inventory, and 3 weeks later, this red car showed up. Since red was my second choice, I got in touch with the dealer, and they were much more responsive and able to "deal" than before! I guess having seven cars on the lot is a motivating factor! I also think being interested in the red car helped me as the color is just not that popular around here. I think it looks stunning. You can judge for yourselves. I'll keep updating as I put more miles on it, but safe to say that so far, I absolutely love it!

Awesome looking car, we are thrilled with ours so far too... It really has exceeded my expectation as well. Easily the best car I have ever owned.
The following 3 users liked this post by Tom-ETRON:
John (aka Daddio) (07-26-2019), perlfather (07-26-2019), S7maybe (07-26-2019)
Old 07-28-2019, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Default Delivered 7/23/2019

I picked up my Prestige e-Tron on July 23rd in NJ. Certainly, as described earlier, it is the smoothest ride I have ever experienced ! My wife says its like driving a spaceship.
I placed my reservation in the beginning of April, so it was almost 4 months to deliver.
  • So, far its been great and still learning all the do-dads it comes with.
  • Acceleration is superb and silent
  • Easy to set up navigation and garage door opener
  • I bought the weather mat for the back; recommended since it can be quickly removed and cleaned. I already cleaned it when I picked up salt for my pool

I'm able to charge my vehicle at work using Chargepoint for free (nice since my commute is 50 miles oneway). At home I only used the Audi charger twice now and have purchased the JuiceBox 40 and waiting to install it. Not sure if I really need it. Maybe if someome comments, it will help me decide.

A couple of dislikes:
  • Consule has limited storage space, bu there is a deep cubby hole on the left side with a door. Not easy to organize with pens, sunglasses, extra cords etc.
  • It rolls backwards on hills. Seems a little dangerous to me if not paying attension
  • No place for a front license plate which is required in NJ. Maybe I will just take the risk and keep it in my glove compartment

New 2019 Etron
Old 07-28-2019, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car and good comments. Thanks.
Old 07-28-2019, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 125 Likes on 80 Posts

Agreed. The roll backwards in drive part is super dangerous. A moments distraction is all ot takes at an intersection.

It looks like a software snafu. Audi should be able to update hopefully soon.

The JB 40 does have a few issues to be aware off. There are several threads. I have gone with a generic 32 amp unit. Lighter cabke fewer issues few benefits with the extra 8 amps.

One other thing if anyone plans to travel replace the audi charger immedietely with a generic volt/ BMW charger that can go 1.2 amps of 110 volt outlet. The audi unit defaults to approx 0.7 amps which works out to about half the charge rate. Right now i'm stuck in the sticks far from a L2 charge and the audi unit is almost unusable. About 20 miles from 24 hours of charge. Crazy.

Last edited by theo1000; 07-28-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 82 Likes on 54 Posts

My e-tron came with a front license plate holder. Also in the MMI vehicle settings there is an option called Hold Assist. That we keep the car from rolling backwards.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry David
My e-tron came with a front license plate holder. Also in the MMI vehicle settings there is an option called Hold Assist. That we keep the car from rolling backwards.
Mine also came with a front license plate holder and I'm wishing I had left it off. The front camera now sees the top of the license plate holder and its annoying. All the Model 3's in CA are driving around in with no front license plates and seem to be getting away with it so I wished I just took the risk. Obviously can't remove it now as there will be holes in the front of the bumper
Old 07-28-2019, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 336 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry David
I was looking for that earlier. I was very surprised to have it roll backwards, a really weird choice to allow that. It seems to actually stop on its own after a foot or two; it felt just like the double clutch in the current gen citroens.

Quick Reply: One Week of Ownership