Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Plug and Charge Feature

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2023, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by skooter68
Hi rdgrimes. Yes not too happy with my dealership. especially since they told me this feature is currently available in Europe and Germany only. Currently the P&C feature is turned off. When I attempt to toggle it on, I get a message that says "The selected system is currently unavailable". I don't have to be at an Electrify America station in order to activate this feature do I? I am contacting EA now as the previous post suggests to see if my VIN is registered for P&C.
Dealer is an idiot, go figure.
When you start your car, does the opening MMI screen state your user name and that you have remote access rights? Does the MMI recognize your key user status at all?
Old 10-26-2023, 12:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

It's been a bit since I've done it, but you need to activate it yourself first in the myAudi app. Scroll down to the Electrify America section in the app and hit Start Charger. Once it loads you need to hit unlock energy credits and enter your cell phone number to enroll. After the energy credits are unlocked (I forget if you need to select anything for P&C or if it's automatic) a banner will load that says Plug and Charge pending. Once the app communicates with the car that the energy credits were unlocked it will switch to active and you can then go to the MMI to turn on Plug and Charge.

However, sometimes the myAudi app is glitchy and doesn't work. For example, that section of the app isn't working for me right now. Once Plug and Charge is active you can still use that section of the myAudi app to activate a charger should Plug and Charge fail for some reason.
Old 10-26-2023, 02:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rdgrimes
Dealer is an idiot, go figure.
When you start your car, does the opening MMI screen state your user name and that you have remote access rights? Does the MMI recognize your key user status at all?
Yes it does say I have remote access rights and the MMI does recognize my key user status. Also...just an FYI..someone in an earlier post suggested I contact Electrify America, give them my VIN and see if my account is set up for PnC.I did contact them but they were no help. They told me to contact Audi
Old 10-26-2023, 03:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Yes it does say I have remote access rights and the MMI does recognize my key user status. Also...just an FYI..someone in an earlier post suggested I contact Electrify America, give them my VIN and see if my account is set up for PnC.I did contact them but they were no help. They told me to contact Audi
Did you ever unlock the energy credits in your myAudi app as I wrote above?
Old 10-26-2023, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Did you ever unlock the energy credits in your myAudi app as I wrote above?
Hi SYMAWD. I did not unlock the energy credits. I'm assuming that the dealership did this for us. All I know is we got 2 free years of Electrify America charging and we have used this feature a few times now but in order to begin the charging process we have to open the MyAudi app, scroll down to the Electrify America section, click on the 'Start Charging' page and enter in the Charger Id to begin the charging process. After watching a video on the Audi IQ website it seems that by activating the Plug and Charge feature, this would eliminate that step.
Old 10-26-2023, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hi SYMAWD. I did not unlock the energy credits. I'm assuming that the dealership did this for us. All I know is we got 2 free years of Electrify America charging and we have used this feature a few times now but in order to begin the charging process we have to open the MyAudi app, scroll down to the Electrify America section, click on the 'Start Charging' page and enter in the Charger Id to begin the charging process. After watching a video on the Audi IQ website it seems that by activating the Plug and Charge feature, this would eliminate that step.
Click energy usage in the app. Does it show your mobile number as linked?
Old 10-26-2023, 04:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Click energy usage in the app. Does it show your mobile number as linked?
Yes it does
Old 10-26-2023, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 151 Likes on 106 Posts

Q8 e-tron since May, EA never had any info on the app but your "clear Cache" seemed to fix it, now my phone number shows and I have the "start charger" window to enter the charger ID. Thanks!! Good news, bad news...if I could just test it--closest one is 86 miles!!!
Old 10-26-2023, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It appears we do not get this feature in Canada with Electrify Canada. On my version of the myAudi app there is no place to select EC but they do have their own app that is used to activate the charger.
Old 10-28-2023, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MY Dealer in Florida says no free charging

Just went to test drive an e-tron Q8 and was told by the dealer that there is no free charging. Has that offer been terminated?? I used EA with my MACH-E for a couple of years - worked okay.

Quick Reply: Plug and Charge Feature