Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Windows no longer responsive to convenience key buttons

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Windows no longer responsive to convenience key buttons

Up until yesterday, I was able to open all windows and tilt the roof by a push/hold of the convenience key unlock button. And I was able to close all windows and the roof by a push/hold of the convenience key lock button. As of today, neither of these functions work anymore. The convenience key buttons still unlock/lock the car, but no longer have any effect on the windows and roof. Touching/holding the sensor in the door handle also does not close the windows anymore, but still locks the car. I verified that the MMI setting is still correctly set to long press opening all windows.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Old 08-08-2019, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 138 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHigh e-tron
Up until yesterday, I was able to open all windows and tilt the roof by a push/hold of the convenience key unlock button. And I was able to close all windows and the roof by a push/hold of the convenience key lock button. As of today, neither of these functions work anymore. The convenience key buttons still unlock/lock the car, but no longer have any effect on the windows and roof. Touching/holding the sensor in the door handle also does not close the windows anymore, but still locks the car. I verified that the MMI setting is still correctly set to long press opening all windows.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
I gave up on customizing the settings as they would just randomly revert back to defaults after a few days / week.

contacted my dealer about it and never heard a word back.....
Old 08-13-2019, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

Audi Service traced this back to the loss of basic settings on the right rear window. After reprogramming it’s working again.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts

Audi Service traced this back to the loss of basic settings on the right rear window. After reprogramming it’s working again.
This just happened on my A4 also. Guess I'm going to have to visit the dealership.