Audi e-tron / Q8 e-tron Discussion forums for the electric Audi e-tron SUV.

Wiper replacements that work?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 03:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wiper replacements that work?

Greetings. I didn't want to purchase the Audi OEM wipers again at about $50 a set. Finally found a set of wipers that are made by the same OE that fit. Bosch's Clear Advantage comes with a special adapter #6 that works.
https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/au...es?partID=26CA

I hope this helps someone else. I purchased a number of wipers and none of them fit. The adapter was always too large to snap into the wiper arm.

The following 3 users liked this post by jaxjeebers:
mceatalot (10-13-2021), tipster1947 (12-13-2021), ttechart (12-10-2023)
Old 09-16-2021, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxjeebers
Greetings. I didn't want to purchase the Audi OEM wipers again at about $50 a set. Finally found a set of wipers that are made by the same OE that fit. Bosch's Clear Advantage comes with a special adapter #6 that works.
https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/au...es?partID=26CA

I hope this helps someone else. I purchased a number of wipers and none of them fit. The adapter was always too large to snap into the wiper arm.
I purchased Valeo (https://www.valeoservice.com/en-com/...ciotm-original) silencio blades and finally I got blades that do not jump! (Jumping is perhaps caused by Korrek coating...)

I didn't need any adapters.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 149 Posts

Is there a difference in the wipers with the winter package vs. the standard ones, i.e. do the integrated washer nozzles make a difference? Just curious.
The following users liked this post:
kataja (10-14-2021)
Old 09-16-2021, 07:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by valenimi
I purchased Valeo (https://www.valeoservice.com/en-com/...ciotm-original) silencio blades and finally I got blades that do not jump! (Jumping is perhaps caused by Korrek coating...)

Thanks for this tip. I didn't understand what causes the jumping as this is my only car that had that problem!
Old 09-16-2021, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ThomasW
Is there a difference in the wipers with the winter package vs. the standard ones, i.e. do the integrated washer nozzles make a difference? Just curious.
Not sure... Mine doesn't have the integrated washer on the prestige I have.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jaxjeebers
Thanks for this tip. I didn't understand what causes the jumping as this is my only car that had that problem!
My car has no coating but wipers still jump and hit the a-pillar on the driver's side. My dealer claimed this was normal which is another reason to avoid Audi of Wilsonville. I'm looking forward to trying a non-OEM wiper.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 66 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by valenimi

Where did you purchase your blades?
Old 09-16-2021, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 373 Likes on 212 Posts

I ordered the Valeo 900269B and 900209B blades and have been very happy with them. That said, I live in SoCal and use my wipers more for cleaning dust and bird poop off my windshield than I do for rain. But I can say that compared to the OEM blades they replaced, they chatter less and were a breeze to install.
Old 09-20-2021, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by skaven81
I ordered the Valeo 900269B and 900209B blades and have been very happy with them. That said, I live in SoCal and use my wipers more for cleaning dust and bird poop off my windshield than I do for rain. But I can say that compared to the OEM blades they replaced, they chatter less and were a breeze to install.
I bought the Valeo Ultimate Beam 26 and 20 last year but haven't put them in yet. I have a frustrating mental block that has kept me from figuring out how to replace the wiper blades on every car I've owned. I always have to take the car to Auto Zone and it only looks easy when they do it. The Audi manual description is worthless. Please help - what's the "breeze" procedure to replace the e-tron blades?
Old 09-20-2021, 12:37 PM
Institutionalized Member

Received 112 Likes on 81 Posts

My blades "jump" too. Does Audi even test their cars? I guess they think they have such superior engineering they don't need to test anything. Its a shame you either have to learn to live with the defects or fix things yourself.

Quick Reply: Wiper replacements that work?