Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

2010 A3 TDI Ordered for ED!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 A3 TDI Ordered for ED!

Hi All! First Post!

Last Wed. night my wife and I placed an order for our A3 TDI choosing to also do the European Delivery Program. We are hoping to go to Germany the last full week of May for our vacation, but we will see; I talked to the dealer on Monday and he couldn't get a VIN yet due to issues with TDI parts availability.

We have friends studying in Milan for the semester so, we will definitely make it over that way. Also interested in going to Belgium to tour a couple of the Trappist breweries. I definitely want to go to the Nurburgring, not sure if I will actually drive around it though, seems a bit risky.

My wife and our are definitely beer nuts, so any of the smaller towns with breweries would be a great stop. I am thinking that we could take a jaunt through South France and put my minor in French to the test also.

So far our theoretical schedule looks like:
May 21st - Depart Chicago
May 24th - Take Delivery of Car (except the dealer informed me this was a German holiday, perhaps delayed until the 25th)
May 31st - Return car to Munich/Frankfurt and fly back home

Everything is still up in the air and I expect it to be for a while, but we are going to be over there a decent amount of time and are looking forward to the trip!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Welcome and congrats .
Just let you know ,you are not going to get a VIN # until the car is built .
You might be able to get a commission # by now and a approximate date of fabrication .
You can look at my older thread ,I list all of the events from the day I ordered the car .
Good luck and be patient .
Old 03-02-2010, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by patinsd
Welcome and congrats .
Just let you know ,you are not going to get a VIN # until the car is built .
You might be able to get a commission # by now and a approximate date of fabrication .
You can look at my older thread ,I list all of the events from the day I ordered the car .
Good luck and be patient .
Thanks, I just the read the whole 8 pages! I guess my associate at the dealership was a bit confused, he kept on calling it the VIN, but from your thread it appears that I am awaiting the commission number. I guess the waiting has just started...
Old 03-02-2010, 07:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by IbisTDI
Thanks, I just the read the whole 8 pages! I guess my associate at the dealership was a bit confused, he kept on calling it the VIN, but from your thread it appears that I am awaiting the commission number. I guess the waiting has just started...
You know ,so far everything has been very smooth for me .
I am going to pickup the car next week and I will post every aspect of this experience .
The Audi european delivery program people have been very helpful .Every time I had a question ,they answer in the next 24 hours .
But ,you will see ,when you get the welcome package ,(in about 2 weeks after ordering ) this is when the exitement begin .
Old 03-03-2010, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Congratulations, IbisTDI. My wife and I are also thinking about doing ED for an A3 TDI as well. We'll probably make up our minds this week. If you guys are beer nuts DEFINATELY visit Belgium. I lived there for 2 years and they have hundreds of different brews. Any trappist abbey tour is highly recommended. Stay away from the touristic bars and go to the local ones, the beer selection is much bigger and mostly on tab if you are lucky.
Remember that Brussels and the south of the country are 'francophone', so you can pratice your French there too. And if you want a beautiful ride go to the Ardennes, plenty of twists and turns in those hills.

By the way, did you all know that if you place your order for ED after March 22nd you will be getting a 2011 model? I was told by Audi that would be the case and that delivery would have to be in the Aug/Sept timeframe.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ravenash
If you guys are beer nuts DEFINATELY visit Belgium. I lived there for 2 years and they have hundreds of different brews. Any trappist abbey tour is highly recommended. Stay away from the touristic bars and go to the local ones, the beer selection is much bigger and mostly on tab if you are lucky.
Remember that Brussels and the south of the country are 'francophone', so you can pratice your French there too. And if you want a beautiful ride go to the Ardennes, plenty of twists and turns in those hills.

By the way, did you all know that if you place your order for ED after March 22nd you will be getting a 2011 model? I was told by Audi that would be the case and that delivery would have to be in the Aug/Sept timeframe.
Ohh man, now you have me even more excited about the trip to Belgium!

Interesting about the 2011 model information, if Audi can't make it happen by the last week of June (that is our 2nd option) we were planning on waiting until Sept. anyways (got to hit up Oktoberfest!). I haven't found any information on the 2011 models, I wonder if there are any changes coming out...
Old 03-03-2010, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, we thought about waiting too, but we MUST be in Europe in July/August to be able to meet family and friends over there. I have tried looking for info on the 2011 A3 but have found nothing other than made up pictures.

By the way, just curious, did you negotiate the price with the dealer or did you got a straight 3% off? I am debating the best strategy :-)
Old 03-03-2010, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by patinsd
You know ,so far everything has been very smooth for me .
I am going to pickup the car next week and I will post every aspect of this experience .
The Audi european delivery program people have been very helpful .Every time I had a question ,they answer in the next 24 hours .
But ,you will see ,when you get the welcome package ,(in about 2 weeks after ordering ) this is when the exitement begin .
+1 on the Audi european delivery people. Very helpful, they answered every question I had for them. And they usually answer within couple hours. Dont rely on the dealer for info about ED. I told my dealer more about it than he ever knew. I'll have to trade info for some cool Audi stuff from now on
Old 03-03-2010, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ravenash
Yeah, we thought about waiting too, but we MUST be in Europe in July/August to be able to meet family and friends over there. I have tried looking for info on the 2011 A3 but have found nothing other than made up pictures.

By the way, just curious, did you negotiate the price with the dealer or did you got a straight 3% off? I am debating the best strategy :-)
Yeah, the only thing I have seen is those pictures also, I actually like the looks of the current car better than that one, so the order went in!

The dealer gave me the 3% off without even asking, I didn't try to negotiate it any lower than that though. I was trying to deal with 2 dealerships, and one didn't have allocation for an A3 until the end of Summer and this one could make it happen ASAP, so I went with them. From what I have read online, it seems like the $1k off that we got was a pretty good deal. I am happy!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

One question I have is, so I will receive my scheduled build date in a couple weeks, is that when everyone has booked their airfare? Or did you wait until the car was actually built and everything was confirmed? I read in the "release" paper work that they weren't responsible for any changes in the schedule, but I just don't want to get stuck paying last minute internation airfare!

Quick Reply: 2010 A3 TDI Ordered for ED!