Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

European Delivery - Personal Anecdote

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by insanefreak
The Audi provided GPS was terrible in Italy and in the Alps. Got us lost a number of times and nearly killed. It was an ancient Garmin that needed to be eliminated.
I'm going to be traveling in Germany and France when I do my ED in a few months, so I hope that the Audi provided GPS works there. Otherwise I will need to get some other form of help. Perhaps maps!

CarSwami
Old 06-20-2017, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by CarSwami
I'm going to be traveling in Germany and France when I do my ED in a few months, so I hope that the Audi provided GPS works there. Otherwise I will need to get some other form of help. Perhaps maps!

CarSwami
We had our US phones enabled for International roaming. Both Google Maps and Waze worked like a champ. We didn't even have to take the Audi provided GPS out of it's case.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kallolr
We had our US phones enabled for International roaming. Both Google Maps and Waze worked like a champ. We didn't even have to take the Audi provided GPS out of it's case.
Same for me - I use T-Mobile in the US, and many of their plans include unlimited international data roaming now. I was able to use Android Auto, with Google Maps, and it worked very well.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by CarSwami

CarSwami
The Audi provided GPS worked fine getting me from Ingolstadt to Stuttgart, to Porsche and Mercedes museums within the Stuttgart area, and finally to drop off the car in Sindelfingen.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Audi provided GPS worked fine for me also. It was a little sluggish in some larger cities (Salzburg), but overall was fine. Enabled our phone for international for backup, but never needed them
Old 06-20-2017, 09:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

I used the Garmin provided by Audi and Apple Maps in CarPlay in Germany. I have T-Mobile using free data which loss signal sometimes since I stayed in small towns but the Garmin worked fine.
Old 06-22-2017, 02:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FLkiwi
Same for me - I use T-Mobile in the US, and many of their plans include unlimited international data roaming now. I was able to use Android Auto, with Google Maps, and it worked very well.
great! I pick my S5 on Monday and I have an android as well as tmobile. My tmobile in Germany so far this week has been working great.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by skup
great! I pick my S5 on Monday and I have an android as well as tmobile. My tmobile in Germany so far this week has been working great.
A note to all of you awaiting ED cars. Keep the plastic tag that came with your car keys! It's needed to activate the MMI and stuff.

I pulled mine out of the trash just in time, one day later and it would have been gone!

Have a great trip!
Old 06-23-2017, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skup
My T-Mobile worked very well too. At one point it stopped working and I had to set up a roaming APN, with instructions similar to these: roaming APN
The only difference was that I found
epc.tmobile
was what worked, not
epc.tmobile.com

But regardless, that wasn't until very late in the trip, and it fixed the issue completely.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:51 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by FLkiwi
My T-Mobile worked very well too. At one point it stopped working and I had to set up a roaming APN, with instructions similar to these: roaming APN
The only difference was that I found
epc.tmobile
was what worked, not
epc.tmobile.com

But regardless, that wasn't until very late in the trip, and it fixed the issue completely.
Yes I had data become turned off and had to enabled it also at times. Drove me nuts at first because I would get calls and text to work.

Quick Reply: European Delivery - Personal Anecdote