Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Insurance question

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Insurance question

One of the member ask me this question. Twice I send this question to Audi ED - no answer. If any one can help with answers - will be great,

I also have a question about the complimentary insurance. I'm trying to find out more details about what is covered, especially concerning liability. Below is what Volvo offers in regards to their ED program, I'm hoping to get a similar breakdown from Audi:

Third-Party Liability Insurance Coverage
The Third-Party Liability Insurance is valid in the countries specified on the Green International Motor Insurance card.

The insurance covers liability for damage caused while using the vehicle in traffic and where liability according to law and legal practice can be imposed upon the insured or any person using the vehicle with his/her permission.

Insurance Against Material Damage to Your Vehicle
The insurance is valid for transportation between and within the valid countries and comprises:

•Damage to the vehicle.
•Damage to accessories and tools included in the price of the vehicle, as well as any other equipment that can be considered normal for vehicles of the same kind and manufacture as the one insured, on the understanding that the property in question was always attached to or normally kept in the vehicle.
•Damage to non-attached parts and equipment of the vehicle relating solely to property designated for use in and on the vehicle
Note: The insurance does not cover trailers coupled to the vehicle.

Own Vehicle Insurance
The insurance covers damage to the vehicle as a direct or immediate result of:

•Collision
•Transportation by some other means of conveyance
•Willful damage by a third party
•Other suddenly occurring external reason beyond the control of the driver

Fire Insurance
The insurance covers damage to the vehicle due to fire, lightning or explosion.

Glass Breakage Insurance
The insurance covers damage consisting of the breaking through or cracking of the car's glass panels.

Theft Insurance
The insurance covers:

•Loss of the vehicle if stolen and not recovered within one month after the date when the Company received the notification of the loss.
•Damage of the vehicle when it has been unlawfully taken and used (vehicle theft)
•Damage to the vehicle through attempted theft of the same.
Measures to be taken in case of loss or damage
According to law, the insured shall without delay notify the Company and the Police of any loss, damage or theft. The claim report should if possible be made on the form adopted by the Company.

Theft should be reported immediately to the local police authority where the damage or theft has occurred.

Personal Accident Insurance (termed Own Vehicle Insurance on the green card)
The personal accident insurance covers the driver and every authorized passenger in the car. The insurance applies to accidents directly connected with the steering, use, operation, loading, unloading and parking of the car.

Thank You.