Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

<opens door> haven't been in here in a while! not a whole lot going on it seems. I was just

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 12:53 PM
rbt
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default <opens door> haven't been in here in a while! not a whole lot going on it seems. I was just

looking at my photos from our Ingolstadt ED trip from last Fall...ahh, memories. Fun times^2 !!
maybe a TT-S in the fall of '10?? Let's hope for an economic upturn....
Old 03-14-2009, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default <mice scattering> My guess is either people are not doing ED a lot in these.......

economic times or they may not know about AW. Besides looking through our pictures, seeing my wife's car is always a good reminder of our trip. It was her turn last time, next will be my car. I was hoping to go this Summer but Audi is not bringing the car I want to this side of the pond. I am really hoping Audi changes it's mind and decides to bring over an S4 Avant w/ a 6 sp. Otherwise, I am not sure what to get. The S5 seems to be a little small for a family of 4, the backseat is pretty small. The good side, it will be my car and I won't be sitting back there ;-)
Old 03-14-2009, 08:54 AM
rbt
AudiWorld Super User

Default yes the S5 is def. too small if you intend to carry adults. but if they're kiddies

and would be used only for city trips, it wouldn't be unreasonable. as you surely saw, thousands of European families get by with small cars ;-)
Old 04-21-2009, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by rbt
looking at my photos from our Ingolstadt ED trip from last Fall...ahh, memories. Fun times^2 !!
maybe a TT-S in the fall of '10?? Let's hope for an economic upturn....
I have to admit - what a memories.
Was our best family vacation ever. Hawaii is nice - but spend 3 weeks in Europe with your kids - pick up your brand spanking new car, get factory tour and see how all this made and then drive on autobahn at speed you never drive again......
and history on evry corner - and in every pics.
Old 12-12-2009, 03:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm new to the ED concept and I'm hoping to experiment with it in Fall'10 as well. I'm hoping it will happen and I have been looking at this forum to learn more about the process and get tips about the trip itself (places to visit, Audi experience courses to take, etc).

I'll probably become more active here starting Sep/2010. Yeah, I know it's too early. Can't wait.

Bruno.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DarthRay
I'm new to the ED concept and I'm hoping to experiment with it in Fall'10 as well. I'm hoping it will happen and I have been looking at this forum to learn more about the process and get tips about the trip itself (places to visit, Audi experience courses to take, etc).

I'll probably become more active here starting Sep/2010. Yeah, I know it's too early. Can't wait.

Bruno.
Welcome to ED forum, Bruno!
It is not to early. When I back from my first ED in 2006, first weekend after we back to US my wife and I start planning if we go next time - what places we will visit. We have 2 or 3 Google map saved on my PC. so, start planning - ask question. We here to help each other.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Me too

I'm new to the forum as well and have been learning a lot from this site about ED. Planning on doing one fall of 2010 but still odnt know if I want to go for an A4 or Q5...hmmm...I guess I have time to think but I cannot wait...I look forward towards some guidance regarding the whole process....Thanks in advance
Old 12-17-2009, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
Welcome to ED forum, Bruno!
It is not to early. When I back from my first ED in 2006, first weekend after we back to US my wife and I start planning if we go next time - what places we will visit. We have 2 or 3 Google map saved on my PC. so, start planning - ask question. We here to help each other.
Thanks, TIME89. I appreciate it. Yes, I have many questions and I'll be posting them here over the next few months.

I can tell you though that my main concerns are around the trip itself, not the ED program. Primarily, I'm curious about how people go about lodging while in Germany and neighbor countries. I don't speak German so I was wondering how easy or feasible it would be to just set up the interesting points to visit and arrange for lodging when I get there. Or should I call hotels in advance and reserve a room? I'm interested in people's feedback here.

(Perhaps I should start a new thread on this)

Thanks,
Bruno.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by DarthRay
Thanks, TIME89. I appreciate it. Yes, I have many questions and I'll be posting them here over the next few months.

I can tell you though that my main concerns are around the trip itself, not the ED program. Primarily, I'm curious about how people go about lodging while in Germany and neighbor countries. I don't speak German so I was wondering how easy or feasible it would be to just set up the interesting points to visit and arrange for lodging when I get there. Or should I call hotels in advance and reserve a room? I'm interested in people's feedback here.

(Perhaps I should start a new thread on this)

Thanks,
Bruno.
You don't need to speak German, French or Spanish - most European speak more then 2 languages (shame on Americans)
Make a reservation in big cities is good idea during a peak season (summer vacation, winter hollydays). Make sure hotel has a secure parking (See this post: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=51). Don't bother for "breakfast include in the price" - usually they overprice what you can get just step outside your hotel.
What we did - we purchase books by Rick Steves and follow his recommendation regarding lodging and food.

Last edited by TIME89; 12-17-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
You don't need to speak German, French or Spanish - most European speak more then 2 languages (shame on Americans)
Make a reservation in big cities is good idea during a peak season (summer vacation, winter hollydays). Make sure hotel has a secure parking (See this post: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...2&postcount=51). Don't bother for "breakfast include in the price" - usually they overprice what you can get just step outside your hotel.
What we did - we purchase books by Rick Steves and follow his recommendation regarding lodging and food.
Thanks again!

Man, that picture is painful to watch.

Thanks for the recommendations. It looks like the Rick Steves' book(s) may be a good place to start.