Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Ordered my Q5 for ED

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 08:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered my Q5 for ED

I have lurked on here for a while and posted a couple times. I finally went in on Sunday and ordered a Q5 for ED. It will be processed Monday. Hopefully, it will be ready before Thanksgiving and I can go that week. I will report back here.

Thanks for all the info I have gathered from other contributors to the ED Discussion.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fsufan6000
I have lurked on here for a while and posted a couple times. I finally went in on Sunday and ordered a Q5 for ED. It will be processed Monday. Hopefully, it will be ready before Thanksgiving and I can go that week. I will report back here.

Thanks for all the info I have gathered from other contributors to the ED Discussion.
Congratulations!! It is an amazing experience! You will have a blast!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chilt34786
Judging from your pictures, ED was a good decision. I will likely be hitting some of the same cities you did on my trip.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Chilt34786
+1!
What is your plan? Where will be drop off?
Old 08-19-2013, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by TIME89
+1!
What is your plan? Where will be drop off?
Haven't decided yet. I will visit family near Stuttgart. I would like to visit at least one of Ludwig's castles -- most likely Neuschwanstein, but could visit more than one. After doing S. Germany, I will likely head towards Paris and maybe drop off there.

Having traveled through Austria, Switzerland and most of France by train, this trip will really be about the ED experience in Ingolstadt and driving in Europe than about the destinations. That said, I don't want to miss any opportunity to visit something new. So, any tips are welcome.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats! Start planning your route now. I know it's not about the destination but rather the drive. But if you want to take her on Nurburgring vs Grossglockner, they're in totally different directions.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Haven't decided yet. I will visit family near Stuttgart. I would like to visit at least one of Ludwig's castles -- most likely Neuschwanstein, but could visit more than one. After doing S. Germany, I will likely head towards Paris and maybe drop off there.

Having traveled through Austria, Switzerland and most of France by train, this trip will really be about the ED experience in Ingolstadt and driving in Europe than about the destinations. That said, I don't want to miss any opportunity to visit something new. So, any tips are welcome.
I will try not hit the cities, that you can visit with out car (like Paris). South Germany, Swiss Alps, some back roads and villages that you can enjoy your new car with family.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think most of us who have done ED have done it in Spring/Summer. That's what we did.
I suspect that fsufan would like to hear from folks who have driven in Germany in the late autumn. I'd like to hear about that experience too.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Osicom
Congrats! Start planning your route now. I know it's not about the destination but rather the drive. But if you want to take her on Nurburgring vs Grossglockner, they're in totally different directions.
While I would love to drive the Grossglockner, I figured it would be of questionable judgment in late Nov on A/S tires. Any insight on that? I spent a week in Zell Am See a few years back during February and wouldn't mind going back. Nurburgring wasn't ever an option for me. My only other required stop is at my sister's place in SW Germany. And, I would like to see Neuschwanstein Castle or another of Ludwig's castles.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This site lists all the castles and palaces in Bavaria.

http://www.schloesser.bayern.de/englisch/palace/

Quick Reply: Ordered my Q5 for ED