Audi Euro Delivery Program Discussion Discussion forum for Audi's Euro Delivery Program - questions & experiences

Tips for Audi European Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice writeup, thanks!

I cant WAAAAAIIIIT aahhhhhhhhhhh two more weeks (and two days)
Old 12-06-2009, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, waiting is the worst part -- but it will go by fast enough. What are your plans while you're in Germany? Are you adding time before or after your trip? Where are you planning to go once you get your hands on your great new S4?
Old 12-06-2009, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well my European delivery is a bit unorthodox, I am actually from the Netherlands (country west of Germany as you may know, capital = Amsterdam) and am in the USA for two years for training.

So I am going on christmas leave for two weeks, in two weeks, and during that I am picking it up. I am not really going for a drive to anything special with it, I'll be doing that a year later when I get back home and take it with me, then there is a plan to go to Stelvio etc with some of my collegues then who will also be taking cars with em (M3, Cayman S, 335s, A4).

So for now it's pretty much straight back home to Holland, and showing it off to my friends haha.

I'll also be stopping my the local vehicle inspection agency to get figured out what will have to be changed on it later, if anything, to make sure it passes Dutch inspection, and then figuring out if those steps can be done cheaper in Holland or in the States.

So in all honesty, the big reason for the euro delivery is the nice 2,5 thousand bucks it saves me (I'm heading over to Europe anyway)...

Guess I am a true Dutch greedy/trader type guy at heart hahaha
I'll still try and get some cool shots, don't worry
Old 12-06-2009, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

The big discount for European Delivery is a great incentive. That certainly caught the attention of the two motorcycle policemen who stopped me in France -- it was something we discussed when they were admiring the car and inquiring about top speed, etc.

I've spent quite a bit of time in Amsterdam both on business and for pleasure. Wonderful city and I'd like to get back there again in the next year or so. You'll have a great trip taking your S4 to your home country. And I'm sure you'll enjoy the European Delivery experience -- it sure beats picking your car up at a dealer!

I'll certainly be looking forward to pics of your car, and your thoughts about the delivery in Ingolstadt.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Winter tires again

I am doing ED in January (date not set yet) for an A4 with summer tires? What did you about winter tires? I contacted ED Winter Tires about rentals but they don't carry the right size.

I agree with waiting being the hardest part, and I'm definitely waiting for the "go by fast enough" to kick in.

2010 Audi A4 6MTQ (ED 01/10)
Prem+, Deep Sea Blue, 18" Sports Pack
Old 12-09-2009, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audi-X2
The big discount for European Delivery is a great incentive. That certainly caught the attention of the two motorcycle policemen who stopped me in France -- it was something we discussed when they were admiring the car and inquiring about top speed, etc.

I've spent quite a bit of time in Amsterdam both on business and for pleasure. Wonderful city and I'd like to get back there again in the next year or so. You'll have a great trip taking your S4 to your home country. And I'm sure you'll enjoy the European Delivery experience -- it sure beats picking your car up at a dealer!

I'll certainly be looking forward to pics of your car, and your thoughts about the delivery in Ingolstadt.
Great report!
Interesting. On my ED I visited 7 countries and never get stopped by police or border patrol.
More pics of you trip will be nice addition of this post.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just scheduled my European delivery for Mid-Feb:

Here's the intinerary:

Fly to Amsterdam, spend a day there, fly to Munich for 3 days to pick up the ride/tour Bavaria, Vienna for 2 days, Prague for 2 days, back to the Munich to drop the car off. Thoughts on good things to do?

Last edited by nvofevery1; 12-09-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nvofevery1
Just scheduled my European delivery for Mid-Feb:

Here's the intinerary:

Fly to Amsterdam, spend a day there, fly to Munich for 3 days to pick up the ride/tour Bavaria, Vienna for 2 days, Prague for 2 days, back to the Munich to drop the car off. Thoughts on good things to do?
Yes, spend more time in Amsterdam! There is a ton of stuff to do there.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by infocor
I am doing ED in January (date not set yet) for an A4 with summer tires? What did you about winter tires? I contacted ED Winter Tires about rentals but they don't carry the right size.

I wanted to see if I could get all season tires but it was apparently impossible.

As far as winter tires go, when I went to my dealer to pay this weekend and got some delivery stuff, I also had to sign a release form about winter driving that basicly says that you are responsible for equipping your vehicle "appropriately" for winter driving. And you should check the laws of countries you plan to visit for what you are responsible for (if you HAVE to have winter tires or not etc).

I am driving straight out of Germany to Holland so I should be clear once I am halfway or so. But I still hope it's not snowing those days hehe *knock on wood*
Old 12-10-2009, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Infocor -- German law requires snow tires at that time of year. You may not get stopped for having summer tires on your car, but if you drive in snow and have an accident or get stuck, you're going to have some major headaches.

There are places that rent winter tires -- may have to do a Google search -- but I saw some ads touting the service. Probably expensive, but in the long run may be worth it, especially if you'll be driving a lot in Germany.

Quick Reply: Tips for Audi European Delivery