Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Exceptional 1993 S4 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 06:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exceptional 1993 S4 for sale

Just posted my S4 at https://classifieds.audiworld.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?db=autos&website=&language =&session_key=46d626993590aa3b&search_and_ display_db_button=on&results_format=long&d b_id=9383&query=retrieval, also on the audifans classifieds.

If you were at S-Fest this past weekend, you know what condition it's in. I have the hots for an impeccable E36 M3 someone I know is selling and I've been smitted with the desire to own another legendary model of the "other" marque. If you're looking for an exceptional car, this is the one to get. I've spent lots of hours and money on the car in the last 5 1/2 years and many late nights freezing in Paul Krasusky's garage talking S-cars. I have a list of EVERYTHING I've done to it and lots of pictures I can e-mail.

-- Rich A.
Vernon, CT
Old 08-31-2007, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default link fix

<a href="https://classifieds.audiworld.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/classifieds.cgi?db=autos&website=&language=&sessio n_key=46d626993590aa3b&search_and_display_db_butto n=on&results_format=long&db_id=9383&query=retrieva l">link</a>
Old 08-31-2007, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hmmm, can anyone guess what The Appraiser might say?

No, no - his car isn't broken.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Hmmm, can anyone guess what The Appraiser might say?

I'm guessing he will say it is more based in reality than, this nice, but pricey example.<ul><li><a href="http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=229155958&amp;dealer_id=60977043&am p;car_year=1995&amp;marketZipError=false&amp;awsp= false&amp;search_type=both&amp;num_records=&amp;ke ywordsfyc=&amp;make=AUDI&amp;model=S6&amp;transmis sio
Old 08-31-2007, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Well, in comparison to that car...

...you'd be right.

In comparison to other '93, green, 121k-mile S4s with chips and suspensions, not so much.

Even allowing for 9.5/10 exterior, and desireable black interior, the asking price will weed the potential customer base out pretty well.

And since the asking price is "firm", that will reduce potential buyer interest even more. A sweet cashmere S6 avant sold for quite a bit less than that recently. And it was for sale for a LONG time before it sold.

The Aprraiser's final words on this one? "Good luck, and may the deities that bring buyers and sellers together smile on you."
Old 08-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Well, in comparison to that car...

Guys, you can buy an S-car for $3500 or for $24,000, all depends what you're looking for, it's all in the condition of the car, how it looks, how it drives and how it's been maintained. I've spent more on the car than what I'm asking for it, if that's any clue.

-- Rich A.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Of course.

I think everyone here has pretty much spent more on their cars than they could get on the market.

That's the nature of non-collector cars. In ten years, when replacement parts are NLA, these cars won't be worth anything. Except to those few who can keep them stored and/or running. Then after that, the values will begin to go up.

As a seller, it is your right to ask anything you want. My assessments on what these cars are going for is based on asking prices in various on-line places. So, if you will allow that most sale prices are actually lower than the advertised price, I tend to value the cars higher than what they really go for. It's never a personal insult to the folks involved, it's just plain number-crunching.

As an owner of an S-car, I *want* you to sell it for your asking price, because it helps my own car's resale value!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Of course.

My assessment is based on S-cars I've seen for the past 5 years as an owner and at recent S-Fests (last weekend). Every buyer should make his own, go out and look at 1/2 dozen cars and judge for yourself. Factor in what's been done to a car vs. what a lower-priced car will need and how important the condition of the car is to you. There's no book value on older cars, especially a specialty car like the urS4.

By stating a firm price I don't want to entertain lowball offers before coming out to look at the car and drive it. Before you do, be sure you drive 5 others and make your own judgement. If you come with cash, I can be flexible on the price

'Nuff said, let's close this thread.

-- Rich
Old 08-31-2007, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

spit out some #'s mister!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I understand.

I understand you want top dollar for your car. Who doesn't?

But five years ago, RS2'd Avants were close to $20k in resale. Non-RS2'd Avants were getting upwards of $17k.

I base my opinion on the last six months, and the current trends. Even exceptional lightly-modded S4s are not bringing much over $9k (and that's for sub-100k-mile cars.)

I don't buy cars with anything less than cash-in-hand.

Allowing for your car being much better than run-of-the-mill, run-of-the-mill is worth about $5-$7k these days. And yes, I think that sucks for these cars.

Quick Reply: Exceptional 1993 S4 for sale