Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Car got stolen...need your help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car got stolen...need your help!

My nissan sentra se-r just got stolen last night and now i need your help guys. Im very sad about my car being stolen as i put a lot of work into it to maintain it's se-r heritage. Now i need your help to convince my parents that an Audi urS4/S6 is the best car for me.

I've told them that i want one because it's a sedan/avant, has quattro awd, perfect for skiing, heated seats, stick shift, and gets decent gas mileage.

If there's anything that you guys can provide me with(info, links) to prove to them that the urS4/S6's are reliable, easy to maintain, not EXPENSIVE(big one w/ my cheap parents), and a good overall car it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

not expensive LOL!
Old 01-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: not expensive LOL!

prove it! parents need proof!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Well they're not all as expensive as yours is!

But yeah. These cars are not cheap to own. If you have to wheedle your way to just the purchase price, you will be playing with fire.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Well they're not all as expensive as yours is!

Im hoping that if i buy a really well maintained UR car that it should be fine. One like this:<ul><li><a href="http://classifieds.s-cars.org/classifieds.php?a=2&amp;b=440">http://classifieds.s-cars.org/classifieds.php?a=2&amp;b=440</a</li></ul>
Old 01-27-2006, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default It costs money to keep one well-maintained.

I'd guess at least $100/month average in maintenance. I bought my S4 in good repair with substantially fewer miles than the one you linked, and I've spent plenty on maintenance.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default who will be fixing the car when it breaks? You or the dealer..

audi labor rate is 90 bucks an hour, if you need a timing belt job, which is a must if you have no idea when the belt was done, could run 8 hours of labor rate, plus parts. Let me ask this, are you at all mechanically inclined? will you do any of the work on your car? If yes, then absolutely buy it. But these cars will nickel and dime you to death. BTW I bought my 93 sedan for 4,500 and currently have 15k into it without the motor being done. Be careful it's a slippery slope. I had visions that all the little things would be a cheap and easy fix, 2 years later my car is still apart.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default They're YOUR parents, not ours. Not up to us to prove it

Don't take this the wrong way, but do some research...search the archives, s-cars.org, etc...

Check out some online parts retailers to get a feel for what spare parts cost for the urS.

blauparts, autohausaz, etc...

If you're looking for inexpensive &amp; economical, you may want to stick with a good used Japanese make. The urS are NOT inexpensive to own. Read the article below and then go price out all the parts that are mentioned in it.

Hope this helps.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/s4s6/msgs/79185.phtml">Life at 200k+ miles (long)</a></li></ul>
Old 01-27-2006, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default just get this and be done with it. :)

<ul><li><a href="http://www.audifans.com/marketplace/show.php?table=pm_audifans_Cars&amp;id=121">http://www.audifans.com/marketplace/show.php?table=pm_audifans_Cars&amp;id=121</a</li></ul>
Old 01-27-2006, 10:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: who will be fixing the car when it breaks? You or the dealer..

I have many friends that are going to be helping me with the maintenance. Let me just ask what is comparable to a urS4 in maintenance costs? would a 94' 300e have comparable maintenance issues?

Quick Reply: Car got stolen...need your help!