Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Contimplating getting rid of my 94

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry you're having such tough times with your car and your dad. I take it you mean you're going to try and sell his car to get some funds to fix your S4. My car is stock, except for the Hoppen stage 1+ I put in when I bought it, and it does very well for a daily driver. I'll forget the idea of lowering my car to '92 specs. Good luck Cory.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ah don't worry about my dad. He's an ******* and it's easier havin him in jail. He can't drink in there!

I've been trying to do some research but i'm having trouble.
I looked when I changed out all my wheels, My car is lowered on H&R Super Sport Springs. The H&R "Triple C" Camber adjuster seems to be a reasonable price but, i'm not so sure they'll fit my car..?
Can anyone tell me if i'm wrong or not? It seems there made for passats and GTI's.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The '92 springs (and euro equivalent) are a stock height spring and will align within the specifications with the stock parts.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never heard of any H&R camber adjuster that fit the URS4 or S6. Search this forum for the Igor camber plate mod. This consists of moving the mounting studs for the upper strut tower and slotting the adjustment
holes to gain more movement. You can find details here: <http://www.elektro.com/~audi/>

This should get you close enough to alignment spec to stop the inside tire wear. There was a recent discussion on this mod on one of the forums recently. The alternative is ECS modified plates and the 2Bennett revolution
plates which are costly mods.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by CoryC4
Ah don't worry about my dad. He's an ******* and it's easier havin him in jail. He can't drink in there!

I've been trying to do some research but i'm having trouble.
I looked when I changed out all my wheels, My car is lowered on H&R Super Sport Springs. The H&R "Triple C" Camber adjuster seems to be a reasonable price but, i'm not so sure they'll fit my car..?
Can anyone tell me if i'm wrong or not? It seems there made for passats and GTI's.
Those camber adjusters probably wont work as mentioned, the "igor" mod or the costly 2Bennet camber plates will.

A possible option is the Sport Spring replica group buy going on. I *think* they are going for like $300. Of course they would need to be installed, but then you could sell the old springs and maybe get a little money back. You could install them yourself as well, maybe see if there are some other S car nuts nearby that could help out?

Sorry to hear your pops is the way he is, that's tough on you I'm sure.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well that's a good idea just to raise the car back to stock height or close to it. I scrape all the time, and cant take a faster route to my cabin (that I drive to every weekend) Because i bottom out on it so much.

The guy I bought it from has another UrS4, and he put the current springs in there and he calls me all the time asking how the car is running and I know he'd be more than happy to help. I think i'll be putting the car on blocks in my driveway so i can't drive it till I get a job again (i'm playing lacrosse and it takes up too much time) and then instal those parts myself once I get them.

Would doing the camber plates be a difficult thing for me to do myself?
Comparitively to replacing the springs?
Old 04-01-2010, 10:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by CoryC4
Well that's a good idea just to raise the car back to stock height or close to it. I scrape all the time, and cant take a faster route to my cabin (that I drive to every weekend) Because i bottom out on it so much.

The guy I bought it from has another UrS4, and he put the current springs in there and he calls me all the time asking how the car is running and I know he'd be more than happy to help. I think i'll be putting the car on blocks in my driveway so i can't drive it till I get a job again (i'm playing lacrosse and it takes up too much time) and then instal those parts myself once I get them.

Would doing the camber plates be a difficult thing for me to do myself?
Comparitively to replacing the springs?
Installing the camber plates is one thing, being in spec is another. You will need an alignment and a shop that knows how to adjust the plates.

This again loops back, for the money, get in on the GB for the Euro sport spring group buy. You will be a bit higher, but you should nullify the tire wear. Just my opinion.

Even if you get camber plates, still no 100% guarantee on tire wear.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

I know how you feel....I'm in pretty much the same boat. Since owning the car, it seems that it's been on jack0stands in my driveway more than its been on the road. I've only put about 3k miles on it, but I'm already itching to move on to something a LOT newer. The previous owner cared for the car VERY well up to a point, but lost interest for about a year. In that short amount of time, a LOT of parts deteriorated, and I've had to dump a very large amount of money into the car to get it daily-driveable again...That being said, it's definitely a fun, comfortable, and classic ride...but, given their age, they demand a lot of time and money to keep them pristine.....Now, unfortunately, there aren't many Audi's (or ANY, for that matter) that are essentially maintenance free, but a newer car will certainly have less to replace than a 17+ year old UrS4. As soon as I find the right buyer for my car, I'm gonna jump ship and hop into some kind of N/A car.

Good luck with everything man

Last edited by JumboBlack1.8; 04-02-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The unfortunate part is that I've dumped every penny into my car, so I have no money to throw on top for a newer car! My mom told me I should uninsure it, put it in my dads vacant garage, work my butt off this summer and trade my car and buy something newer that will be more reliable.
This may be what I end up doing.