Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Which hoses to be upgraded when chipped?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 06:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which hoses to be upgraded when chipped?

I have a 1995.5 avant with 70,000 miles and an IA stage III+ chip (installed at 55,000 miles). Can someone please advise which hoses are recommended to be upgraded (to the Samco silicone type)? I get varying responses.

Thanks,

Robert
Old 11-25-2003, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

May as well do em all... i did... to be safe.
Old 11-25-2003, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default At minimum, the "Michelin Man" hose which tends to collect oil at the bottom

and rots out from the inside out. Its nice to do the turbo to x-over tube as well. In my chipped S6, I only replaced these two and I used OEM ones not Samco.
Old 11-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Jim

Default Re: Which hoses to be upgraded when chipped?

Robert,
Samco makes three hoses to replace the stock ones, any and all of which can split under higher boost (well, 4, one is a two-part).
There is the turbo-Xover which is two parts (one T's off to the BPV), then there is the Xover to Intercooler and then the Intercooler to TrottleBody. I would do the first two at a minimum, and probably do the the third one as well. ECS sells all three. You can attach them yourself, it's not a problem. If you need help, let me know, I can explain it or show you, have done it several times now.

Interestingly, MTM also sells their version of hoses, but only the bottom two. Supposedly theirs are even stronger than the Samco's but pricy. I had them and they did seem beefier than the Samcos.

As an aside, I happen to have one of the hoses left over if you are interested in it - it is the Intercooler-ThrttleBody one. I'd sell it for 70% of whatever ECS wants for it, you could swing by and pick it up. Let me know, otherwise it's going on ebay soon to follow all my other stuff :-) Perfect shape, black in color, was only on my green car for a year, I never put it on the black one (which is why I still have it...)

On, another aside, did you check out that house across the street from me? Other friends of ours ended up buying it for a pretty good price, they move in next week already - two week escrow, unbelieveable for the Bay Area.

Jim K.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Sounds good, what's your phone #......my laptop was stolen

Jim,

Good to hear from you. That is amazing onthe house across the street. Holy smokes, I just don't know how we will ever compete in this housing market. Besides, all is up in the air now, as wifey got a job that covers SF, San Mateo and Marin. And, with luck, I am about to ink a job that will allow me to work from home. So we need a place with an inlaw or ample space for 2 at-home offices. I still think the East Bay is the only place with any value left, but that's all relative. I can't believe this market.

I am interested in that hose and whatever other goodies you might still have unsold. Besides, I still have your coil in the car, I need to bring that to you. I have been traveling a lot lately (trying to nail this job). Sorry to be such a flake.

So....what are you driving now? I just can't find anything out there that entices me (well, without spending $50k that I don't have anyway).

Robert
Old 11-25-2003, 12:51 PM
Jim

Hi - I emailed you...