Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

I want the diffs to stay locked above 18mph...

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Possibly another good place for a relayed buzzer so you don't forget ; )
Old 01-26-2009, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default confirmed - I clipped blue & white on CQ & 200. but meh overhyped & dumb to use regular

just for occasional extreme snow use and rare parking-lot hijinks.

and really, it's not "SO FICKIN' AMAZING ZOMG LOLKATZ WHOA ORGAZZZM" as people make it out to be.

it's meh a little better traction, <i>maybe</i> a c-hair more tail happy... but not much. if your turbo'd quattro won't toss the tail easily in big stuff without doing this either you're doing something wrong or your car is broke.

but I completely understand the urge to take control of the car away from the computer brain, and yes I have been in steep &amp; deep conditions where you cross 18-20mph once in a while but then slow down to a crawl again and it gets annoying to have to keep hitting the button.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default It's called advice. Sometimes people want it, sometimes not. I still give it.

It's free.

Get what you pay for.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You should not.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Of course I will. It's an open forum.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default attempts to hold back laughter

FAILED
Old 01-26-2009, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default one important point, though..

your car is *not* a 95.5, correct? Otherwise the locking is EDL which is a whole different ball of crap.

But reading the posts below it sounds like you have a lock button which isn't on the 95.5 so... carry on
Old 01-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default indeed. I suppose I need to update my sigs in some parts of the net!

It is just a lowly 95.... &lt;lowers head&gt;

LOL
Old 01-26-2009, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default the torsen is nice, though...

but if you intend to drive your //s car anything like your urq a locker might be a better choice

shenanigans in the snow and you'll be fine. hard drag launches and rear torsens dont seem to mix, unfortunately.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default No, and I can appriciate that Dave...

The problem is that a bunch of people with less knowledge and experience then you or I take your words to be fact or devine knowledge. When somebody ask something, and you the response is "No you don't", people close their mind and take that as knowledge.

I dont mind an opinion if it is based on some fact or experience. "no you dont" is as useless as a turd in an airplane.

This is a classic example. If I would have been a ***** about it and accepted your comment(and not continued to post here even though I got the instructions on a much more open minded MotorGeek after an hour of frustration) these people would have continued to thing that a rear diff is only to be locked when they are stuck in the deep snow. My insistance led me to the answer, and yes I went out, snipped the wire, and went out and did some 50mph lock to lock drifts in the snow, giggling like a school girl. It transformed the snow/aggresive characteristics of the car. I need to drive a torsen car to see which i like better. Is it a good idea to leave the car locked for long periods of time at high speeds? Probably not. My URQ ran a 12.05@119 with a locked rear diff and center and has been tracked with a locked rear diff. Unless their is a design flaw in the C4 diff housing I think it will be about the same with the s6.

People do not discover new information in libraries.. They figure it out and then it gets published. This is one hell of a library on AudiWorld... It just needs the other pieces and a better attitude. Now I understand that there are a ton of people that do not know anything, and post on here how to change a spark plug. That crap is in eveyr online forum. Just deal with it.

Sorry you had to hear my "high-horse elitist" opinion on the situation, but something stupid was posted.

Hank

Quick Reply: I want the diffs to stay locked above 18mph...