Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

My URS4

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2016, 09:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My URS4

Picked up this 1992 URS4 from the original owner a couple weeks ago. After I traded for it, I obtained all the service records dating back to 1992 from the service center the original owner used from new. Since I bought the car, I've needed to do a few things to bring it up to par...

- replaced the radiator connections, due to leaks. Drained the old fluid and poured in all new
- new rear brakes and rotors
- removed the relay behind the cluster to end the constant door chime
- new batteries for the "infra-red" key remote... Although it still doesn't work.
- fresh oil change and cleaned it up.

The car had about 193,000 miles on it when I bought it and now has about 194,200 miles. I've been enjoying driving it in our minnesota winter weather. The urs4 was "unmolested", so to speak. So, all original. I plan to keep it that way other than maybe an alternate set of Audi wheels. The car sounds wonderful and drives well. I'll update this thread as I go and pose questions as they come up. I look forward to using this forum to further this URS4's survival. I've already benefited from urs4boy's (quattroworld) feedback in helping me locate and remove the relay behind the cluster. Thank you VERY much for that. More to come!

Scott

Old 01-20-2016, 10:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

The car also came with the original owners manual and other booklets in the original Audi pamphlet/case. I ordered the dealer promo magazine from eBay last week from 199, when the s4 was new to consumers. It should be here Friday.

Pics of the relay I removed. It's different than yours, urs4boy... Found that interesting.

Cluster at night. Ebrake light comes and goes... Mostly it stays off tho.

Interior is in spectacular shape for being 24 years old. And so so so comfortable. Drivers heated seat isn't working, but passenger and rears all work.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Accidentally posted that pic twice. Sorry. Can't figure out how to edit it.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

This is a video of the car, shortly before I bought it.

Old 01-20-2016, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottyK
This is a video of the car, shortly before I bought it. [/url]
Seems to be a bit more energetic than stock. What's up?
Old 01-20-2016, 10:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The car also came with the original owners manual and other booklets in the original Audi pamphlet/case. I ordered the dealer promo magazine from eBay last week from 199, when the s4 was new to consumers. It should be here Friday.
Please post up a photo of the cover of that document when you get it to see if it is like this one:

Pics of the relay I removed. It's different than yours, urs4boy... Found that interesting.

It's just the other PN that I posted, i.e. 443951307B = 292 and 4A0919439 = 321

Old 01-20-2016, 10:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

It's stock. I've had it looked through by a reputable euro car shop in my area. Working on some pics of the booklet/magazine for you.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Old 01-21-2016, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It's stock. I've had it looked through by a reputable euro car shop in my area. Working on some pics of the booklet/magazine for you.
Thanks. That is a Euro UrS4 brochure from back in the day. I have it. Thought that it might be something that I didn't have and would need to seek out.
Old 01-21-2016, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by UrS4boy
Thanks. That is a Euro UrS4 brochure from back in the day. I have it. Thought that it might be something that I didn't have and would need to seek out.
Good to know, thx.

Quick Reply: My URS4