Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

New Owner 95.5 S6

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner 95.5 S6

I am a new owner of a 95.5 S6 (VIN 121xxx) and loving it. I currently have a 85 Coupe GT among other cars. The car is originally from North Carolina, Black/Black with 175K miles with no rust anywhere. Bought it 3 weeks ago and drove it from New Jersey to Mass and the car performed superbly. The only sign of use is the steering wheel is a little worn, the interior is mint with no worn leather.
The only mods to the car to the best of my knowledge so far:
• H&R springs and Bilstein shocks
• No Cats and Magna Flow Muffler
My impression so far:
• Real loud/drone -
I plan on replacing the exhaust to original with no CATS
Questions:
1) How will the car sound with original mid muffler and rear muffler without a CAT?
2) It started every day except for today - it cranked and cranked but never got it running. The battery eventually died after 8-10 cranks. The only thing different from other days since I have had it has been I left it out last night and it was pretty cold up here 8 -15 degrees F all night.
3) Will a 2003 A4 Rim 16X7 ET 42 fit the S6 for snow tires
Attached Images     
Old 01-11-2017, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Nice find.

Not sure how fast the engine was turning over but it won't spark if it's not turing over fast enough. So if your battery was barely turing the engine that may be why.

Not sure but I'd imagine the car would sound nearly stock with that setup.

I would guess that wheel would be fine for winter tires and fit.

I suggest getting a stage 1+ chip and some silicone boost hoses. The car comes alive. When I bought my 2nd S6 which was stock I couldnt believe how slow it was compared to my MTM 1+ chip. Makes a huge difference. Of course you can also go much further than Stage 1+ if you want to replace turbos and injectors etc.

Good luck and enjoy. I suggest looking at the forum at QW if you want more feedback. Great community there and lots and lots of knowledge on your car.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for your reply. I have read through a lot more threads and it learning quite a bit on these cars. I will be considering some kind of chip in the very near future, for now I am trying to figure out the car.. its definitely a fun car

I am also planning of getting rid of the tint to get it back to original
Old 01-12-2017, 06:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dadebe
2) It started every day except for today - it cranked and cranked but never got it running. The battery eventually died after 8-10 cranks. The only thing different from other days since I have had it has been I left it out last night and it was pretty cold up here 8 -15 degrees F all night
I had that problem the other day. If the battery is weak, it won't spin the engine fast enough to hit the 13 RPM threshold that the ECU needs to energize the fuel pump. Your battery is probably on the way out. In the short term, charge the battery for an hour or so and your engine will probably start just fine. Then get the battery checked out with a load test. (BTW, its under the rear seat bottom and it needs to be a Group 41 (there are height issues, too high = fire!!)

For more info about your car and specifically the J17 Fuel Pump relay and the 13 RPM threshold, click on the link below (and then bookmark it) and then the J17 label (all the labels are hot links to info about that engine bay device):

Click Here - Engine Bay Device Map

Old 01-12-2017, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I will definitely be checking the battery and replace it if it's bad. The links are very informative and have been filed away.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

I missed the black helicopter, but sounds like you may have gotten here first.
///
Old 01-13-2017, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GoHeels
I missed the black helicopter, but sounds like you may have gotten here first.
///

What are you saying? What's Black Helicopter? Am I missing something
Old 01-13-2017, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Homeland Security swept in and deleted my post to you with S6 info.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by GoHeels
Homeland Security swept in and deleted my post to you with S6 info.
lol
Old 01-14-2017, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dadebe
What are you saying? What's Black Helicopter? Am I missing something
Black Helicopter = the AW mods are paranoid about people suggesting that there is more/better Audi information at other Audi forums so they nuke posts with blatant open links to those other forums.

The joke is since AW went from kawf to vBulletin formats, it is true. There is more/better Audi information at other Audi forums, particularly at the ones that still run in kawf - because it is possible establish and maintain a proper forum FAQ in kawf because of the lack of "bump" that vBulletin has.

Quick Reply: New Owner 95.5 S6