Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

ok people here is the major plan. (built engine)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 07:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ok people here is the major plan. (built engine)

After talking to many people on this topic i finally have come to a set list.

Bottom end; after speaking with dahlback etc etc i was told to simply do rods and re ring the pistons and do a quick hone. Using dahlback rods (guarenteed for life). New head gasket of course lightly port and polish the head. Port out the intake manifold (extrude hone) rebuild the head if necessary.

Heres where im kinda confused, i was told to use the sport quattro manifold.
Will i be set for a while with my rs2 turbo?
I was told to go with bigger than rs2 injectors as well.

And finally the front mount will this get me close to 500hp?
Old 03-17-2004, 01:15 AM

Default Some thoughts

the RS2 turbo won't fit the SQ exhaust manifold, no way.

the FMIC and larger injectors won't help you at all get any closer to 500 HP. For 500 HP you need a serious turbo and you also need to drop the compression ratio+cams and so on.

What Dahlbäck did you speak to? The US Importer? Cuz if the guys at Dahlbäck in Sweden were starting to say such silly things, I'd be seriously worried about drug abuse... :-)

HTH,

Mihnea
Old 03-17-2004, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: Some thoughts....

the dahlback importer said injectors head gasket (lower compresion) injectors sport quat manifold and turbo. I was wondering if i could keep my rs2 turbo but i guess not.

The front mount wont gain you hp! are you insane? ASW was telling me a gain of 25hp alone.

From my expierience with turbo cars ive gained up to 40hp off upgrading the intercooler.
Old 03-17-2004, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Get one of the the 034 EFI hybrid turbos...

I believe they're bigger, and better than the RS2 ******.
<A HREF="http://www.034efi.com/Hybrid_turbos.html">Click</A>.

-Mike.
Old 03-17-2004, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yes I think he got the conversation confused a little....

First you can run the RS2 on a sport quattro manifold, it requires an adaptor which is made of special material DBR does sell that. As for 500 hp with a RS2 turbo no way, no intercooler or injectors are gonna get you 100 more horses than the turbo will flow. Now in your second reply that makes more sense. It more possible to get 500 hp with the sport quattro EM and turbo, which would require better rods, intercooling, lowerer compression, injectors and software. HTH
Old 03-17-2004, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default thank you mike dam those are good prices to...

the thing im scared abiout it not having full spool by 3300 rpm

i know inejectors and a fmic will not give me 100hp jesus im not retardted it will boost me a little since ill be exceeding the limits of the sidemount. Wont the sportquat headgasket lower compression?
Old 03-17-2004, 03:26 PM

Default You will never have 500 real crank HP and full boost at 3300 RPM, no way.

BTDT by the way, no matter if Garrett or KKK, no way to have that, sorry to say it. If you want spool up at 3300 RPM, you can have around 380-400HP, but not any more than that.

HTH and no offense intended,

Mihnea
Old 03-17-2004, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Get a real turbo that spools at around 4000. =D

You get normally aspirated performance below 3000, then above 3k boost starts to build... and as you approach 4k all hell begins to break loose.

=D

Of course you'll need the fuel system and computer to compensate.
Old 03-17-2004, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Default 400hp with a #6 turbine wheel is some trick...

Some points.

1. Getting over 400hp (let alone 500) hp out of a #6 turbine is REALLY difficult. Hap is the only person I know who has ever done it, with PROOF. The only way I know of turbo-wise to get over 450 hp is with a bigger turbine wheel.

2. Going to a larger turbine wheel on a 2.2 liter will generally create boost profiles above 4,000 rpm. The #6 turbine of 5000tq fame gets to 26psi in 3rd gear at 3,400 rpm. The RS2 turbine wheel is smaller, hence better spooling, but it is out of its range above 2.8 pr.

3. If you use the SQ EM, you will need to relocate the MAF et. al. There may be some canned stuff to do this from Dahlback, but I bet it is pricey.

4. Most of the Euro guys SWEAR you need to lower compression to around 8:1 to run above 450hp. This includes rods and pistons, and possibly ARP head-bolts. The SQ headgasket lowers the compression a reported .3:1. I have yet to verify this.

5. You will need a better IC, but you know this.

6. If I was you, I'd go RS2 spec, FMIC, 26 psi, and Water-Injection. If you are tearing the motor apart, good rods. Probably good for 400hp on pump gas. Runs and starts 100% in hot or cold weather. If you want a bit more, get a bigger (not better) turbo (Innovative RS2++, or a Garrett Hybrid). Unless you have been given a parts list that goes with the SQ EM (MAF or MAP, injectors, turbo, S/W, etc) this appears to be a slippery slope of unknown steepness.

Gary Lewis

1995.5 S6 Avant, Green/Ecru, RS2 MAF, RS2 Exhaust Manifold, RS2 Injectors, Custom Turbo (K26 Turbine, Factory K26 Cold side (Audi Works '999' P/N) with 50mm intake and custom Innovative Turbo compressor wheel), TurboXS Type 25 Bypass Valve, Bilsteins, Eibachs, Big Reds, Spec II Clutch.
Old 03-17-2004, 04:00 PM

Default intercoolers don't make horsepower

A great big front mount intercooler will make the car a lot faster on the road or track in that intake temperatures won't rise and reduce horsepower. The best any intercooler can hope to do is get the compressed air back to the ambient temperature. And any intercooler can do this under the proper conditions (read, suffient ambient air flow).

If someone's quoting your hp improvements for an intercooler, ask them the conditions. They probably mean, "on our dyno with the big fan in front of the car on an 85 degree day." Bunch of HOEY!

Rich

Quick Reply: ok people here is the major plan. (built engine)