Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Project S4 Update: Still need some guidance!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project S4 Update: Still need some guidance!!!!

Ok well here's the list of things I've fixed so far before I get into the current issue:
- Full RS2 setup with homebrew FMIC
- Replaced plugs with proper Bosch plug and correct torque
- Replaced 29.5 lbs/hr injectors with 37 lbs/hr L/D injectors
- MRC software (installed in the proper orientation ;-)
- Fixed many small boost leaks, don't ask
- Installed BPV in correct orientation
- Switched the EVAP valve plug and the intake air temp sensor plug, hey the CEL is now off!!! man the PO was such an idiot.
- Pressure tested to 25 psi
-Still not happy with my custom intake pipes, no it ain't cast iron ;-) but I'm still working on those

Now onto the current problem:
First of all the car seems to be missing at idle, well at least the idle seems to be unsteady. Also has problems sometimes starting when hot, it'll fire but won't hold idle. Next, when running through the rpm band I get stuttering and I guess what could be described as missing at high boost levels above 4krpm. The car just seems to have no power, my compression numbers aren't great but I don't think thats the problem( all <120 psi when cold). I'm begining to think I may have a bad coil or POS, what are your thoughts? I'm thinking about going for the 034 1.8t coil conversion, but if that doesn't work I may be out of ideas. Anyone in the CT area willing to give me a hand, there'd be free beer involved!! (4Driver4 I'm looking in your direction)
Old 06-01-2006, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think you are right you have a bad coil

I had a similar problem with my car being a bit lumpy at idle with serious hesitations above 4krpm and under high boost.
With new plugs and the boost leaks fixed I would definately say its a coil problem. are you getting any error codes with VAG?