Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Show of hands: How many people have gone above and beyond RS2 bolt ons?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show of hands: How many people have gone above and beyond RS2 bolt ons?

Such as, big turbo, built 2.2L, 2.5L Stroker, 2.6L Stroker, etc.

If you could list the modifications and your expereinces, whether you use it as a daily or not, the "omg I might **** my pants" factor, etc, I'd appreciate it. Trying to get a feel for how far the envelope has been pushed. I did a bit of poking around in the archives and seen a few people have done a 2.6L Stroker but it seems there can be issues with it. TIA

Fun fact: This is the 29,000th thread in the forum :-)
Old 03-01-2009, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Guilty
Old 03-01-2009, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default raises hand 1/2 way....

Although I went the route of AMD vs Intel so-to-speak.
I guess I'm cheap... let's call it what it is k?
The turbo was bought new 2nd hand and was an 034 supported turbo as an alternative to the RS2 turbo.
I've always felt it had a higher spool-up RPM (full boost @ 3200 RPM) but, since I've never had the opportunity to drive a full RS2 spec S, maybe that's where they spool too, IDK.
When it DOES come on, I have had instances of wheel spin -on tarmac too, not gravel... so IMO it pulls pretty hard.
The chipset (STFA) already has been discussed. I'm not a fan of it's tendency to run lean off throttle -"Uncle Bob" states that the purpose was: the heat generated by the lean-run condition which is an expanding gas spools up the turbo faster, getting you into the boost range quicker... IDK... I'd rather be rich... (hmmm... yeah would I ever!).
7A exhaust cam... actually will be removing it and going back to stock here very shortly (next week). I just don't drive the car in a way that would utilize the upper end breathing aide it offers, and I'd rather have the lower RPM torque...
FMIC highly recommended.
Should've done BBK a long time ago...
Always wish I had more...
Old 03-01-2009, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yessir... See sig for mods...

Just waiting on my P&P'd big valve head to get back from the machine shop so I can rev the crap out of the old girl (and not have anymore bent valves and warn guides ;-).

The problem with the slippery slope (as I see it), is once you start making relatively large power, the weak spots of the car pop their heads up and your budget can get blown out of the water and quick. Just something to keep to mind, but IME, nothing ever goes as easy as bolting on bits, tuning, etc = gets you what you want (or what the car wants, HA!) 100% of the time.

Having said that, there is nothing like a UrS car that has been built to the gills IMO, and I'm a strong advocate for going way beyond RS2 levels, as it's too just too much friggen fun man! You may want to keep a uber reliable car in the garage though, or have a bus pass.. ;-)

HTH FWIW and good luck!
Old 03-01-2009, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Me as well... And Im sure this car will never stop being upgraded.

I need to figure out my sig situation.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I was thinking about doing that with my head as well...

Its at the machine shop with yours now. Should I ask Dave about it while its there? Or would it not help me since I still need rods and bearing.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Extra breathing is always a good thing, but it comes at a co$t (like everything else)..

You could do it now, but I don't know how far along your head is at the machine shop. Give the man a call and see what he says! ;-)
Old 03-01-2009, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default LOL. That CQ is only slightly "beyond".

Beyond *sanity*.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Former Vendor

*grabs a ladder*....
Old 03-01-2009, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol

Quick Reply: Show of hands: How many people have gone above and beyond RS2 bolt ons?