Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

So, I am getting ready to order the LLtek valance, and after STFA's, I have Q's - GT500R ->

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, I am getting ready to order the LLtek valance, and after STFA's, I have Q's - GT500R ->

In your posts you were cutting and shaping (please correct me if I'm wrong), only to find out that your cover was warped?? I want to head this one off at the curve, so where was your cover warped that it made it not fit properly? Did you end up having the body shop finish, and did they use your original cover, or did you source a new cover?

My front bumper is separated (cracked) at the painted line and where the bumper starts to curve under the car, so it's begging to be cut off and LLtek'd, however, I wanted to see where you were having problems / how your bumper was twisted before I jumped in (I gots some twistage too, but only minor), only to find out that I better just get a new (to me) cover regardless.

Standard issue AW question, "those covers are like $300.00 right?" ;-)

Thanks!!
Old 07-29-2007, 06:55 AM

Default Basically, the bumper had been caught on park stops so many times...

that it was out of whack. Once I cut the lower portion out for the LLTek and then tried installing it, one side of the bumper would not stay on the guides. You pop that side back in and the other side would pop off. I tried replacing the guides on both sides but it didn't work. So I ended up just starting fresh with a new cover. It was brand new like 600 bucks. I cut out the slots for the FMIC and cut the bottom portion off between the grilles and set the LLTek in place with the bolts hand tight and it worked fine. I let the body shop do the final adhesive install since they were painting it anyways. The actual cutting and shaping I did was on the LLTek but that was to get it to clear the FMIC. That was because the grille scoops on the LLTek go in too deep. That was not bad though, just kind of remove some material and test fit, remove some more, etc. IIRC Cody had the Apikol FMIC installed which sits flatter(parallel to the radiator) and is a hair smaller than mine, so you prolly won't have to cut as much. Good luck, its worth it in the end!
Old 07-29-2007, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thanks for the info...

I may need to start with a better bumper, but I suppose it is worth a shot. Do you recall what adhesive the shop used?

Thanks again for the info, just what I needed!